Dam Fine Gathering

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Dam Fine Gathering

Postby Dave S » Thu May 17, 2012 11:30 am

As ususal, I am late in commenting on something......anything. However, I need to give my humble (never humble) opinion on the 19th Dam Gathering put on at Lake Shasta in the State of Jefferson. Woweeeeee. Not only were the folks who came just super, but Hizzoner Himself (Mr Whipp, of course) was in fine tune and as gracious as could be. As a newbie I wasnt sure of what to expect, but it exceeded any expectations I may have had. Coming down from Washington on thursday I was somewhat concerned with........rain, yep, really. Some of the worst I have driven in through central/west Oregon and the "pass". Things let up a wee bit allowing me to set up in a semi-dry condition (I think God is a camper after all) and then Friday, Saturday and Sunday were just outstanding. The campsite is like few I have ever seen.......giant evergreens and space to either be semi-isolated or snug as you desired. Great people, great cast Iron cooking, great bonding and great weather........all in all it was, well, just great. Thank you again Grant, Kayperkay and all of the help you had (or didnt have). Once again, the Teardrop Family has overwhelmed me..........thanks to all. Dave (aka LSFG) Snow with the "ruff but ready" Cub.

:applause: :wine: :applause:
Dave S
Teardrop Builder

Re: Dam Fine Gathering

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu May 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Very well said Dave :thumbsup: .
Jane and I had a great time too, and enjoyed being your neighbors. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales