First actual camping trip

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

First actual camping trip

Postby JOMO » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:07 pm

ImageImage
This is not what camping is suppose to look like in Florida in March. Took my grandson to Hanna Park for the night. Luckily it's only 5 minutes from my house. We had a good time but it did get chilly that night.
JOMO
Teardrop Builder

Re: First actual camping trip

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:03 am

We still have snow and Ice which would make it difficult to get the tear out even if we wanted to. Maiden voyages (it was a good idea to have it close to home) are always a testing experience.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:36 pm

Glad your camp trip was good, albeit chilly. Your fun is just beginning! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby PKCSPT » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Ahhh, the first trip I remember it well. I picked one of the hottest days in Minnesota. Our night time temperature was 102,,,, yes 3 digits. No air conditioning just a fan. As I laid there sweating I realized I could be packed up in 10 minutes (the beauty of a tear) and be home in central air in 2 hours. So at 10 p.m. I decided my first trip would be my shortest.

I hope you enjoy many many more camping trips.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby JOMO » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:17 am

Karen, living in Florida I know hot and wouldn't dream of going with no AC in the summer. But for some reason we tend to forget how cold it can get in the wee hours of the morning, earlier that day we were walking along the beach. I don't have AC in mine so I only have a few more weekends before it'll be to hot for me. My husband won't go with me at all. My grandkids are getting to the age they don't go often and I still haven't found the courage to go alone. I'm hoping to get over my fears of camping alone. I think I'll borrow my grand daughters dog and give it a try maybe next weekend. :NC
JOMO
Teardrop Builder

Postby Al Swope » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Looks like fun, if you wait for perfect weather you'll miss a lot of trips! Glad you had fun. Post a link to your trailer if you have one.
Al Swope
Teardrop Builder

Postby JOMO » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:24 pm

I didn't build it, I bought it off Craigslist. I have pictures in my album on this site.
JOMO
Teardrop Builder

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales