broken down Dodge truck

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Re: broken down Dodge truck

Postby josephhanson » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 pm

My truck has been working just fine for a few trips and last weekend we went on a little trip to southern Indiana. We stopped at a gas station, and when we were leaving, I stepped on the brake pedal and it went down to the within an inch of the floor. No rear brakes. Now $300 later, a new brake line and we're on the road again. If I had a horse, I think he would have distemper. :-)
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby Carter & Susan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 am

Just glad it didn't happen while you were going down the road.

Carter
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mike B » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:40 am

At first glance, I thought you were talking about a old Dodge, like this 1948:

Guess not. The old trucks are easier to maintain. I drive my '52 Plymouth Concord as much as I can, as it is much simpler to maintain and runs like a Swiss watch. Of course, it gets much worse gas mileage than my Honda Hybrid :)
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Mike B wrote:At first glance, I thought you were talking about a old Dodge, like this 1948:

Guess not. The old trucks are easier to maintain. I drive my '52 Plymouth Concord as much as I can, as it is much simpler to maintain and runs like a Swiss watch. Of course, it gets much worse gas mileage than my Honda Hybrid :)

Brings back memories...my grandfather had a 48 Dodge like that except blue with black fenders. :D :D :D
I'm with you though the older ones are simpler to maintain, the new stuff while having all the bells, whistles, computer's,
fuel injection, better ride, etc. etc. Just are not as much fun to drive, and seem to cost more to fix.
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby josephhanson » Sun May 10, 2015 6:53 am

One year later....Took the Dodge (with the new motor) and our 12 ft trailer to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We stopped at Shenandoah National Park on the way and then spent a week in the Outer Banks area. On the way back, we stopped and saw the Biltmore House and grounds. The truck gave me no problems except for some valve clatter in the higher altitudes, premium gas would have helped. While we were camping for a couple of weeks, we figured out that there weren't enough towel racks in the camper. That problem has been addressed, now there are an additional three towel racks in the camper. While we were in the Outer Banks, I saw some "ship deck prisms" I didn't buy one, but next time I find one, I'm getting it and plan to put it in the ceiling of my camper. My camper will never really be finished.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun May 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Looks like you had a good ultimate outcome.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales