Colonial Creek Lake Diablo Washington

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Colonial Creek Lake Diablo Washington

Postby mrwall1 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Well we just got back from our first Trip in our little Hitch & Haul trailer! We come back with a couple of lists of things to change, things to take, things to not take! lol! but it was a lot of Fun....3 days no cell phone or Internet! was great but I still kept pulling my phone out to look!

Here we are getting ready and packed to go!

The First run went very well, we had no issues, just not used to the little bit of clunking as the receiver and Hitch bounce around... a few pot holes gave us a little scare but the little 4.0 pulled the trailer great, as we started to climb the North cascades, the jeep started to get a little hot... so not sure if it would of had problems going over the pass...

we drove about 140 miles, in 2 1/2 hours. Found site 95 $12 a night, no hook ups, but bathrooms and water faucets and Dumpsters not too far away... Even had a bear box! no bears close but lots of little camp robbers around!

We Set up the Kitchen, We still need to put a sink in, and definitely a set of Struts, opening and closing a lot with the Zip poles gets old fast!!

Night time was nice and comfy, we bought two Queen size 3" memory foam mattress's from Costco for $109 a piece, put on top of each other, very soft!! We didn't have a dvd player, so I took my laptop, the battery was good for about 1 movie!

The Privacy Shelter was great for changing, getting cleaned up... and good for an emergency restroom... Definitely going to work on the last detail!!

The Fantastic Fan, used all the power up in our deep cycle battery the first night.... luckily I took an extra car battery, for the 2nd night, and it did great, so not sure what is going on there... the problem should of been reversed...

We went Kayaking, the lake was a little windy... it is a huge lake, this is only the small section of the lake, when we got down towards the bigger part... the water was really rough... so we turned around and came back... the ride on top kayak paddled really hard through it.... but the mountain views were amazing!!

It was a nice camp Ground over all

This poor guy in 1960s pickup pulling a tent trailer... was a good reminder to have a fire extinguisher in the rigs.... the truck and all the camping gear burned all up... the tent trailer looked alright....

Good to be home... might need a lift kit! and backing it up into the garage...

thanks for looking!!
Mike and Dodi
my Old Teardrop build journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59792
My New 7x16 Continental V Nose Build
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=67734
My Photobucket Link to 7x16 V nose build
http://s20.photobucket.com/user/mrwall/ ... %20Trailer
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Re: Colonial Creek Lake Diablo Washington

Postby teamredjeep » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Looks like you had a great trip, thanks for sharing. :)
teamredjeep
Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Awesome trip and great mountain pics! :thumbsup: :applause:

Looks like a fabulous destination.

Thanks for sharing.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Fyddler » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:54 pm

I love that area, used to hike into Ross Lake when I was young, and spent a week working at Ross Dam, riding a boat up Lake Diablo every morning to the Dam. Such a beautiful area for sure!
To err is human, to really foul up requires a computer

Build Log: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=55017
Fyddler
The 300 Club

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales