Zion National Park camping trip.

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Zion National Park camping trip.

Postby bc toys » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Imagecamp set up worked good with all the cooking going on

Imagedeer feeling free to come and go as the want they walk right up and eat off your table

ImageA taco ring 1of 3 feeding 10 people me and wife and a friend and his family and 3 other campers next site over

1st night 8 pizzas 2nd night 12 hot dog 7 hamburgers 3rd night 3 taco rings did RV omelets this morning before heading home it was a great camping trip
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Zion National Park camping trip.

Postby Vedette » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Did you see any of the Park..................or did you go there just to gain weight? :R
Nice to see you are enjoying camping and meeting (feeding?) new friends along the way......wish we were there! :thumbsup:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:47 am

Nice pictures! Glad you had fun with your two legged and four legged friends!
It's surprising that the four legged ones came around with so many two-legged ones around.

Thanks for sharing. :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bc toys » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks Brian & Sandy yes we got out and did some hiking the trails and walking around the camp site Yes the four legged friends feel safe there they have been coming in the camp grounds for years now we been going up there for over 20 years and we see some ever time we go usually see turkeys also Yes Brian I did gain a pound or two but I really love cooking in my DO 's and on the grill.(heck any where)
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby citylights » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 pm

I love Zion! I usually go day trip there. Now I am going to have to go camp!

But my pictures from there never live up to the memories. I will keep trying with the pictures. I am going to try and concentrate on the winter storm waterfalls this year. Anyway, these are some of my best yet.

citylights
500 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 pm

[quote="citylights"]I love Zion! I usually go day trip there. Now I am going to have to go camp!

But my pictures from there never live up to the memories. I will keep trying with the pictures. I am going to try and concentrate on the winter storm waterfalls this year. Anyway, these are some of my best yet.

Wow City, great pic of the Mountain Sheep! They look like Big Horn Ewes
Did you get that with a telephoto or did you sneek up on em like an Indian? Again great pic.
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby citylights » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Redneck Teepee wrote:Wow City, great pic of the Mountain Sheep! They look like Big Horn Ewes
Did you get that with a telephoto or did you sneek up on em like an Indian? Again great pic.

You are right. Female big horn sheep. Often you can see wild ones in Zion in the late fall and winter. In the summer, I think they go to higher elevation. They were taken with a 200mm lens. We got lucky and saw them very close from the side of the road. Here is another shot of them with a baby. The small white specs in the picture is falling snow, that had just started and was not sticking yet.

citylights
500 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm

citylights wrote:
Redneck Teepee wrote:Wow City, great pic of the Mountain Sheep! They look like Big Horn Ewes

You are right. Female big horn sheep. Often you can see wild ones in Zion in the late fall and winter. In the summer, I think they go to higher elevation. They were taken with a 200mm lens. We got lucky and saw them very close from the side of the road. Here is another shot of them with a baby. The small white specs in the picture is falling snow, that had just started and was not sticking yet.

Again another great photo....Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Great pictures. I've got to get out there some day!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby FIREBALL05 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Awesome photos!!! I drove through Zion last year in early October, the same day the gov't shut down and they closed the national parks. The bad news is I wasn't allowed to do any hiking or backpacking in the park. The good news is that you were still allowed to drive through the park, make some quick photo stops, and didn't have to pay the $25 admission fee.

Would love to go back sometime. Thanks for posting!
FIREBALL05
Teardrop Builder

Postby KCStudly » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Great pics there, citylights. The sheep are awesome, but I really like the wonderful landscape shots. Nice. :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales