Final Summer Fun

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Final Summer Fun

Postby mrwall1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Wow there are quite a few trips fellow teardroppers made that I had not seen! There are so many places to see! We hope to get out more next year.. and make one good 2 week trip... we are thinking about Flathead lake?? Montana area.... looks like a fun area with lots to do...

This was our last trip of the year.. when we got home we pulled all the food out... rolled up the mattress's and stored them....Hung all the camping gear.. dried off and stored.
We had so much fun out on Puget Sound we decided to go to Ocean Shores... We were not brave enough to go out into Grays Harbor with the Kayaks, but did have a lot of fun on Duck Lake and some of the Canals that connect to the Lake.

We left Friday morning and it was drizzly, but the report said it would be a nice weekend... it drizzled and rained the 3 1/2 hour drive there... We went on the fly.. so no reservations... Our battery was not holding a charge very good... so we took the generator with us in case we needed it... Well there are not many places to camp in ocean shores... lots of Motels... we went to the State Park, looked nice... but found out you could not drive to the beach from the park.. so we went down to the marina on Grays Harbor.. there is a small rv park there... didn't care for the park, but it was on the bay and near Duck Lake... but we couldn't find anyone to rent a spot... called but no answer... so we decided to go drive on the beach and go ahead and go back to the state park... when we drove off the beach we saw a very small Rv park on the way out of town...Not our style of camping... but it would work good for us this weekend... Tiny tight spaces... but nobody there... and it was real close to the beach... so we decided to stay there... Kind of Dumpy but Managers were a great couple and very helpful... gave us a spot away from other campers, and kept the spots on each side of us empty.. but there ended up being quite a few around us eventually. It warmed up nice by afternoon, so we spent the afternoon on the beach... Saturday we got up and headed to Duck lake and Kayaked all day... A lot of Fun and a huge area to explore... About 4 am my wife woke me up and said I think the Easy up flew off the trailer... sure enough I got up and the wind was blowing hard! the canopy had blown over... One stake held really good.. so of course it bent the metal unrepairable.. so I salvaged the top, went to throw the frame away... and there was a huge pile of metal behind the dumpster with a lot of metal frames in it!! I guess this is quite a problem there! lol! It never did warm up... so since we had electrical hook ups... we sat in our little trailer and watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy... Went to a local Fish house and had some fantastic Fish, Oysters and Chips, decent clam chowder also.... Oh well we got to know our little trailer real well... Made a few lists of things to improve on for next year... definitely going to get better tent stakes... and tie downs!! We left fairly early Monday morning... since the weather didn't look like it was going to get any better.. but it made a nice easy drive home... missed all the traffic through Tacoma and Seattle...

Even watched a couple of guys Surfing in the windy water!!

my Old Teardrop build journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59792
My New 7x16 Continental V Nose Build
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=67734
My Photobucket Link to 7x16 V nose build
http://s20.photobucket.com/user/mrwall/ ... %20Trailer
Mike
mrwall1
Teardrop Master

Re: Final Summer Fun

Postby pchast » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Beautiful!