Morro Bay State Park

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Morro Bay State Park

Postby Marie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:27 am

Hello & Happy New Year
Tom & I did a different type of camping for us this past weekend. We wanted to get out of town for a few days with the Tear & decided to drive up to Morro Bay State Park, which is right there by the city of Morro Bay. This park is very busy & the sites are on top of each other.

We ended up eating at restaurants (some great seafood) instead of cooking at our Tear, which was strange. On Sunday morning Tom wanted to get some early morning photography in so we rolled out of bed & purchased coffee in town after a 5 minute drive & spent the next 3 hrs out on the beaches & rocks went back to our camp & then cooked a late breakfast.

Some of the wild life we saw: Otters playing in the ocean, Sea lions, Turkeys, Turkey Vultures, Hawks, a very large Owl & all kinds of water birds. Tom got some great photos, had a nice hike up to the top of Black Hill, watched a beautiful sunset & got out of LA for a few days so the trip though different was a success. We’ll probably do something like this again down the road but prefer being out in the middle of nowhere.
Till later, Mare
PS, Camped by 2 cute tiny trailers
Attachments
photo.JPG
From top of Black Hill
photo.JPG (156 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
photo 1.JPG
Tom at Morro Bay
photo 1.JPG (120.15 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
Marie
Teardrop Builder

Re: Morro Bay State Park

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Nice pictures! It looks like you had fun and you didn't have to wash the dishes! :lol: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Esteban » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Marie and Tom,

Welcome to the CA Central Coast and Morro Bay. Your trip, In January when much of the nation is freezing, looks like a blast of good fun. You captured some of the
best of Morro Bay. :thumbsup:

If you want less crowding beautiful Montana de Oro State Park, just a little south, is nearby. MdO has a considerably smaller campground without hookups, showers or spaces for big RVs. We had the first SLO Gathering there in 2007. We completely filled the campground with teardrops. linky to images of Montana de Oro campground

I live close by and plan to revive SLO (area) Gatherings. Hope to have the pleasure to meet you in the future.

edit: added a link to www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Montana-De-Oro-State-Park which has photos of each campsite at the Montana de Oro campground.
Last edited by Esteban on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Marie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 am

Yes, Sharon it was nice with so little cleanup on this trip :)

Steve, We had looked at Montana de Oro State Park but your information on it has decided us on giving it a visit next time we're up there. I'll look for the SLO Gathering & if work permits we'll attend. I've yet to make it to any of the gatherings because of work schedule, they look like fun & I figure things will work out one of these days.

Marie
Marie
Teardrop Builder

Postby sunny16 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:30 pm

The MdO trip was one I really enjoyed. It was the first with my newly built teardrop. My son and I found lots to photograph and we met some great people down there and not so great raccoons. It was fun and hope to get there again some day soon. I would like to see another gathering there.

Bryan (sunny16)
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby rahtware » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:01 am

I stopped by MBSP on my way back north from last years Perris Gathering. It was a quick overnight as I only had 3 days to wind my way up Hwy1. My observation of the park matches your description, nice but tight campsites which was OK as it allowed me to visit with a couple with a clamshell T@B. It was typical March weather, clear and sunny, but by the time I rolled into Sunset SB, north of Monterey that evening, the rain was blowing horizontally. Great trip and I definitely plan on spending more time in the area when I can.
Larry & Peggy
Real Airplanes Have Two Wings And Round Engines.
rahtware
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales