Elgin 2.0

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Elgin 2.0

Postby 39Ratrod » Tue May 05, 2015 8:19 am

Went for another weekend run up in the Big Horns. Elgin Park is still all that is open, most all the other roads are still gated for a few more weeks. My son Brayden went with me this time. We got up there Friday evening around 6:30 and had the camp situated in less than 20min. I used my rebar thingy I made for the first time over the fire to heat work water in an old R-134a canister, it worked pretty good.

Brayden spotted an elk on a nearby hill around dusk. Must add some bino's to the camper, my old eyes are not what they used to be. We went for a couple hikes and the wife and daughter came up for a picnic lunch. Figuring out more and more what I need to do to the camper to suit my needs. It's been a fun learning experience. Going to Moab this weekend for 7 days to ride dirt bikes, and hopefully when I get back the other areas will be open.

Mick

All loaded.

Snow is still clinging in a few areas.

I found out more counter/table space is needed.

Water heater.

Brayden

Me

View of the surrounding area.
The biggest difference between a dreamer and a doer is the follow through.
39Ratrod
Teardrop Master

Re: Elgin 2.0

Postby KCStudly » Tue May 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Nice location. Glad to see you are having such a good time and reaping the fruits of your labor. :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby 39Ratrod » Wed May 06, 2015 8:00 am

KCStudly wrote:Nice location. Glad to see you are having such a good time and reaping the fruits of your labor. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment! Yes it has been great using the camper. I have slept in it at least 30 nights so far. I park it in the garage right by the wood burning stove, placed a green rug down between the camper and stove, and have a nice, cozy living room and bedroom :lol: The camper is the a great size for one person. I remove one 1/2 of the bed, place a carpet runner on the floor and I can sit on the edge of the bed and put my feet on the floor. I can stand up, although crouched, to get dressed, works out great.

Mick
The biggest difference between a dreamer and a doer is the follow through.
39Ratrod
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed May 06, 2015 9:03 am

Looks like a nice spot. Maybe we will check it out when we get out there this summer. The more you use the new trailer the better things will get. You can start adding and subtracting things as you see what you use.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Sheddie » Sat May 09, 2015 6:35 am

Nice spot :thumbsup: but looks a bit cold for us sun lovers. Looking forward to more photos of future trips :pictures:
Sheddie
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales