Cal North Coast

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Cal North Coast

Postby joe duncan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:20 pm

With 107 temps forecast for the week we had to go beat the heat !!! Went to the California north coast from Jenner to Fort Bragg . So amazing and beautiful !!! I was also amazed to find that it was as cool and cooler at times than it was a week ago in Sequoia NP . We didn't have any reserations just loaded up and went ( sometimes spur of the moment trips are the best ) . Stayed in a couple of different places and day by day worked our way up the coast . Found a great private campground in Gualala nestled in the redwoods by the river, moved up to Point Arena lighthouse and continued to Mendencino. Van Damne state park and Russian Gulch were great campgrounds . This was a great and fun trip !!!! I hope all of you out there can find the same joy we had on this trip . Get up, get out and enjoy life . Joe
Attachments
phpeOgONU_c2AM.jpg
All set up at MacKerrichers State park
phpeOgONU_c2AM.jpg (8.26 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
phpUcMkxs_c2AM.jpg
The beach at Russian Gulch
phpUcMkxs_c2AM.jpg (7.56 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
phpCnY4VU_c2AM.jpg
phpCnY4VU_c2AM.jpg (6.37 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Joe & Michelle
Jamestown, Ca.
Sierra foothills / Gold country
joe duncan
Teardrop Builder

Re: Cal North Coast

Postby Redneck Teepee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:43 pm

The cool coastal climate can always be a welcome relief from the California summer heat we get inland. Looks like a great time, and yes the spontaneous trips some times are the best.
I'm just down the hill and a little south of you in Waterford and we spent the 4th up at Kennedy meadows to escape the heat, even had a little rain and wind.
Keep us posted on all your trips as we like pic's :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Re: Cal North Coast

Postby joe duncan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:09 pm

I enjoy Kennedy Meadows , it is always a great time . We will be up that way on August 6,7,8 for a meet and greet hope to see you there !! Yes your are close , we will have to plan a trip sometime !! Joe
Joe & Michelle
Jamestown, Ca.
Sierra foothills / Gold country
joe duncan
Teardrop Builder

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales