Moki Dugway, Muley Point and Valley of the Gods

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Moki Dugway, Muley Point and Valley of the Gods

Postby daveesl77 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:34 pm

You guys may have seen me posting several times about these locations all in SE Utah. I figured I should put up some youtube videos to let the uninitiated see just how cool these places are. None of these are my shots, as I did not have any cameras mounted during the times I went to these places. At the time I was primarily shooting vids with an XHA1 and that just doesn't work well inside my truck cab, way too big and when suspending to eliminate bumps it can give you a good whack in the head.

Here is the Moki Dugway, shot from a road motorcycle using a GoPro, you notice at about 7:35 a small sedan pulling a trailer up the road. The road is primarily gravel and dirt, but isn't a bone breaker

Next is Valley of the Gods. This road is dirt, can get a bit washboardie at times and is about 20 miles long. You can literally pull off anywhere to camp for free, all BLM. It is just north of Monument Valley

You can also find many vids done by large RVers through the valley. Only problem with the big trailers (like 5th wheels) are the occaisional wash out areas, so the trailers will bottom out, but that only affects really long ones, like 30+ feet. I did this with my F150 and a 25' coachmen with no problem.

Finally is Muley Point, one of my favorite places. It can be difficult at times to find a camp spot, but once again, is BLM and free. The views are magnificient.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales