It says I can get a FREE 12" Lodge Camp Oven...

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

It says I can get a FREE 12" Lodge Camp Oven...

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:11 am

I was searching around for a good DO bread recipe...
While searching, I stumbled upon this link...
http://www.getitonus.com/dest?id=250&pid=1900000887&promoid=103684&cid=103684
It says I can get a FREE Lodge 12CO... All I gotta do is give them my email and mailing address and a phone number.
Hmmm.... :thinking:
I'm just to damned leary. I can see it now... A big spike in junk mail and telephone solicitators galore.
Oh... Then a note six months later... Sorry, we ran out of that item.
Anybody seen this one???
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Re: It says I can get a FREE 12" Lodge Camp Oven...

Postby Caradoc » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:35 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:All I gotta do is give them my email and mailing address and a phone number.

No, I think it's more than that, but it's hard to figure out what. You've got to work for it. From the small print:

F. MONITORING YOUR FREE GIFT STATUS. You may view the status of your free gifts in the GetItOnUs.com "Gift Status" section. At this point, the information is not updated in real-time as credits are accrued, but GetItOnUs.com will try to keep the amounts updated in a reasonable fashion. If you have a question about your account balance, click here to contact Support.

I'm not sure how credits are accrued, but it seems like you've got to accrue them someway if you want the gift.

--Lance
Caradoc
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Leon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:58 am

It includes "completion of user survey and sponsor offers" . That means you have to sign up for stuff from participating merchants, like loans, credit cards, memberships, etc. Nothing is free.....
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:10 am

OMG...
OK, I found the link to the terms and conditions....
Tell Yaa What Guys... How about I delete this thread?
(I'll do it for FREE) :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:00 am

Leave it as a warning to others.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:57 am

Once, many years ago in my naivety of PC's and the internet, I answered a similar add promising a free laptop...HA...you had to sign us for all sorts of things...some of which costs real money...to this day...years later, I still get spam in my original email account that is related to the scam...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...as the General is wont to say :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Ira » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:07 am

Like 10 years ago, I got an email from an online seller of computer stuff. Forget the company--Tiger, maybe it was PC Connection--can't remember.

They told me I won something because I visited their site one day, and I had to call to claim my prizes:

A Jensen powered computer speaker system (which was kind of a big deal in those days), and the latest and greatest in mouses.

I call, give my address like a naive shmuck, and a few days later, the damn stuff actually arrives. Not even shipping charges.

I couldn't believe it.

And Dean...

When I'm surfing the web, bread rarely has anything to do with it.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Gambam » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:54 am

10 years ago, web sites were giving away the world. A long gone web store was giving $50 credit on your first purchase. 5 purchases later I was still getting the credit, all you needed was a new email address each time. 8)
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:06 am

Gambam wrote:10 years ago, web sites were giving away the world. A long gone web store was giving $50 credit on your first purchase. 5 purchases later I was still getting the credit, all you needed was a new email address each time. 8)

Hey--that was my website and now I've gone bankrupt! Please send me back the $200 so I can go buy the DO for Dean! :lol:
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby critter » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:45 am

Hey Dean,
The best way to get free d o is to go to gander mountain,buy the do for 49.95 and walk out the door and say im free from that awfull con trap of a web site and i gotta new do to break in.Only thing you can get free is air and water at the service station.... :lol: .Oh wait a minute .....What 2.00 for water and .75 for air :shock: and wher's the service station? :roll: I guess its next to the drive in. :thinking: When did that happen? :roll: I must be gettin old! :cry:
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

Return to Cast Iron