Help with DO identification

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Help with DO identification

Postby BRK » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:40 pm

My dad purchased this dutch oven for me over the weekend. It is 18" across and about 7" deep, and weighs about 100lbs. It has one jug handle on either side of the DO. There are no clear markings on the oven itself. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about who manufactured it or how old it is?

Thanks,

BRK
BRK
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Help with DO identification

Postby bobhenry » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:41 am

Absolutely no clue :NC

but what is all that old iron in the back of the garage a see a dozen or more and a couple of cooking tables. Are you trying to corner the market.

It is more like a hanging caldron here is a neat stand and a good idea for lifting handles....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA06L05N1276

P.S. congratz on the new toy :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby treemaker » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Do you have a picture of the bottom?
treemaker
Teardrop Builder

Postby BRK » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:22 pm

The garage in the picture is the guy my dad purchased the oven from. He inherited all of the dutch ovens that you see in the pictures, and sold them all off. My dad purchased some of the last of the stuff that he had.

The guy was asking $100 for the large dutch oven. I told my dad to offer $80. The guy countered with $150 for two, so I had my dad buy both of the huge ovens. I figure $75 each for a large dutch oven is not too bad.

My dad has not returned from his trip yet, and I don't have a picture of the bottom of the DO. I will post a picture when I get the oven. He said that most of the ovens were just marked CO on the bottom.

bobhenry, thanks for the link. I figured that I would need to make something like is shown in the link to pick it up. Those hooks that fit two hands each would fit the bill. I am sure it would take two people to lift it when it is full with Thanksgiving turkey!!

Thanks for the help.

BRK
BRK
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cast Iron