Big Guns are out!

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Big Guns are out!

Postby Vedette » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Oh........the glass top is covered in cast iron, and the Farm house smells so wonderful.
Sandi has some kind of Chicken dish on the go.......with almost 200 years of cast iron on the glass top stove! :applause:
After enjoying a couple reds....she has the house smelling better than Christmas! :thumbsup:
Just saying??? :thinking:
Brian :wine: :wine:
PS
Go Griswold!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Re: Big Guns are out!

Postby logman7777 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:26 pm

MMMM..Sounds Lovely! Think im going to do a dump cake for dessert tonight in the Griswold.. :thumbsup:
Coleman Keepers 200A Gang
Green Lantern Corpsmen
High Wide and Handsome Probationary Member
Happy Camping!! -Andy
logman7777
500 Club

Re: Big Guns are out!

Postby bobhenry » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:42 am

On a slightly left handed note I converted another one. My nephew Blake had been dabbling in trying to cook in cast iron and was a bit frustrated, My mom introduced him to my dutch oven seminar on you tube and he watched it thru not once but twice. He was grumbling he was having a tough time finding a good vintage camp style dutch oven. I had just purchased a lodge chicken fryer with a camp lid so as a thank you for rescuing my mom and driving her 800 miles for a family get together I presented it to him. I told him I have found that the combination of a deep skillet and a camp lid is a far better method of baking dump cakes and general baking and you have a skillet if needed. I just use a old gas stove grate for legs to get the bottom coals under the flat bottomed skillet. Now you have the best of both worlds. Hope to hear from him soon to see how his adventures in DO cooking turns out.

Here is my chicken frier decked out to cook, Image
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Cast Iron