Anyone use a Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Anyone use a Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle

Postby KTM_Guy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 pm

I've been thinking about a Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle Pan. But am not sure how well they work. Wouldn't you burn your seasoning off the side that is to the burner? They get good reviews on Amazon. Anyone here use them?

https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Pro-Grid-Griddle-Reversible-Easy-Grip/dp/B00008GKDQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1550117015&sr=8-4&keywords=cast+iron+griddle

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Re: Anyone use a Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle

Postby John61CT » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:10 am

Yes to the burning off, but depends on your fire / heat, with induction not so much.

Clean and oil the food side before you use, only oil before packing up if you think it might rust.

They make really big ziplocs, but a garbage bag will do, wrap up in an old towel to reduce banging around.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby gdpipkorn » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 am

We have been using one for years. Actually two of them. One in the house and one in the camper. The house one never looses the season over the gas stove. The camper one does on the fire side because the wood fire temp is harder to estimate and is not consistent. However clean up is easier on the fire side and reseasoning is a breeze on the grill when we get home or on a bed of waning coals when there is time at the campsite
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Tue May 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks, we have been having good luck with the one we got. Just seems weird it would work so well. I cooked some steaks on it camping over the weekend that turned out great. I know it seem odd to cook a steak on a pan when camping but most of the year we can’t have open fires so just alway cook the same way when camping. The state parks and county parks already have fire bans. You can only cook on something with an instant off.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby bobby6319 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:07 pm

I have one I use on my Coleman stone
bobby6319
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cast Iron