The 20th Dam Gathering of the tears, May 1-5, 2013 ...!

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: The 20th Dam Gathering of the tears, May 1-5, 2013 ...!

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 am

Brian & Sandi,
Looking forward to seeing you also at the Gathering. April 26th is MY birthday (& my twin's too) ! Hope the birthdate works out so you can both get to California. 8)

When you do come.......you can meet Dean & I down by the lake/marina dock area for our 1 pm Wedding on Saturday! (5/4/13) You are cordially invited to attend--a refreshment reception immediately following the ceremony at the Wedding Cabin right next to the area. Come CELEBRATE :worship: :P

:vroom:

Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby nevadatear » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:23 am

Saw Dean's post on Facebook. so excited for the both of you, and for us too, to be able to be there! We will be there with bells on . Do they make bells out of cast iron? :D This will be quite the gathering. I think I will need a vacation BEFORE the gathering to rest up, and after as I will be exhausted from all the fun! Those in utero grandbabies better not make an early appearance! :beer:
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby tupelosue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:54 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:
When you do come.......you can meet Dean & I down by the lake/marina dock area for our 1 pm Wedding on Saturday! (5/4/13) You are cordially invited to attend--a refreshment reception immediately following the ceremony at the Wedding Cabin right next to the area. Come CELEBRATE :worship: :P

:vroom:

Joanie

Joanie!!! That is awesome news!! Glad you're finally gonna make an honest man out of Dean! I haven't committed to being there yet, but it looks pretty DAM likely!!

:D :D
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

:R Yep, come if you can, Sue.....it will be a dam good time.
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Wolffarmer » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Best wedding by a dam site.

:lol: :lol:

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby JaneV » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 am

Dear Grant Whipp - I have committed to the 20th Dam Gathering! Registered and paid on the teardrops.net website. I hope it went through ok. I need to tell the powers that be I need/would really like electric - I only need electric at night for the CPAP - at all other hours no need.

Planning on making this gathering my major spring teardrop trip - coming from Wyoming and won't forget to bring some regional wines!

Happy camping - VERY ready to start teardropping again - enough of winter all ready................

Jane
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Postby grant whipp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:55 am

Hi, Jane!

Yes, we received your Registration ... Thanks! (Confirmation notices will be going out shortly) We're looking forward to meeting you and sharing our dam good times!

Re: your electrical needs ... I've made a note on your Registration, and we'll either have you in or right next to a site that has power.

Safe travels, and we'll see you in May!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby grant whipp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 pm

grant whipp wrote:99143

Right out of the gate, though, we're having a coloring contest to see who can come up with the best/most-interesting/most-eye-appealing color rendition of ONE of this year's artwork! The "rules" are on the website. And, yes, you read it right ... this year's T-shirts will have full-color artwork on both the front and back!

We hope all is well and everyone is excited about the upcoming camping & gathering season!

We've received a couple of entries on the coloring contest ... but we'd sure like to see more and have a good selection to choose from, though ... so if you're considering giving it a shot (winner gets their Registration and Campsite comped), please get it in to us soon! We need to make the choice and then get the artwork to the T-shirt printer well before the gathering so he can have them done in time. You can get the full scoop at our full information website: http://damgatheringofthetears.weebly.com/

We're really looking forward to a fantastic celebration, and hope that as many of you as possible will be able to join us! Safe Roads, Happy Campng, and as always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:13 pm

The "rules" are on the website.

Grant, I can find the picture that's supposed to be used but I can't find the rules of the contest. :? Could you give people something to click on that will take them right to the rules?

Thanks.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:00 pm

S. Heisley wrote:

Grant, I can find the picture that's supposed to be used but I can't find the rules of the contest. :? Could you give people something to click on that will take them right to the rules?

Thanks.

The link is currently on the Registration Page, but here it is - http://www.teardrops.net/2013/20th-coloring.pdf
Kay is putting a link to it from the weebly page as we speak. Thanks! for pointing that out! That just might be why we haven't had but a couple of entries ... :thinking: ...!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Ok Ok now you have done it.... no only is it the 20th and every one but every one will be there from Coast to Coast .... and you are offering hey rides to boot.... Now World Dean and Joanie's Wedding will be on Sat. I can not even try to miss this one.
But I can not afford to bring Buttons for one let a lone 2 events. Maybe both can be put on one button How many people are we talking here? they will be less then $1 a person

http://graphicsbyerick.com/portfolio/28 ... 3E-buttons”%20%20title= this is who makes them for me.

Grant if you can send him the logo http://graphicsbyerick.com/ that will be a start.

We gave them out at the past two IRG's and our first and only Dam Gathering

I know I will have a few for Dean and Joanie's Wedding.

And then there is the Great Grant who put it all on!! :beer: here is to you buddy!!

I have to do expensive repairs to the box kite to come or build the new Cross Bow by then. Last time our car bottomed out on the speed bumps there too (same car) :NC We were last at the Damp Gathering and left early Trailer was soaked inside and out (a cooler broke inside the trailer no galley) slept at a relatives on the way home.
Ron Dickey
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Ron, you could put it out to folks and ask them to order their buttons for a fee, with delivery at the Dam Gathering. After all, these would be a commemorative of a big, probably famous forever gathering. Cherokee George did that with the little CI fry pans in 2010 and it seemed to work well. Also, Antlers has a few cabins for rent, if they aren't sold out for that weekend yet. You'd probably rather have a trailer to sleep in; but, it's an alternative. (They also have house boat$ for rent.)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:30 pm

is any one interested in getting a 20th Dam Gathering Button for about $1 send me a message so I know how many to make.

I am also going to design a few buttons for Joanie and Deans wedding if you are interested in that instead or both
I am not doing this for profit but just to cover cost only.
Let me know
Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby danlott » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:35 pm

grant whipp wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:

Thanks.

The link is currently on the Registration Page, but here it is - http://www.teardrops.net/2013/20th-coloring.pdf
Kay is putting a link to it from the weebly page as we speak. Thanks! for pointing that out! That just might be why we haven't had but a couple of entries ... :thinking: ...!

CHEERS!

I read the rules, but still have a question. The rules say "5 colors and/or blends of those colors". Does this mean that since you can make green from yellow and blue, that it only counts as 2 of the colors? What limits are there on blended colors?

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 pm

danlott wrote:... I read the rules, but still have a question. The rules say "5 colors and/or blends of those colors". Does this mean that since you can make green from yellow and blue, that it only counts as 2 of the colors? What limits are there on blended colors?
Dan

Hi, Dan!

Our t-shirt printer has a 6-pallette carrousel, so (not counting black for the outlines) he can use any of 5 primary colors ... you can blend two colors to get a sixth, two more to get a 7th, and maybe one with another to get an 8th. Does that make sense ... :thinking: ...?

I've always just bought a set of colored markers and gone to town & had fun ... :D ... kind of what I had in mind! Just make sure that if your do that, you give us the 5 primary colors in little stripes off in one corner to reference.

Looking forward to what you come up with! As always ...

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State