Tearjerkers.net new chapter

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Gage,
I was getting the Touring Tear group confused with Tearjerkers, but maybe Pam knows about a group getting started... :thinking:

Jerry,
Todd sent me some better graphics to play with...
Last edited by Dean in Eureka, CA on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Pam Wright » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi!

Here's what I know... Per a TearJerker source.... There was a SoCal TearJerkers chapter, however, it didn't take off and basically died a quiet death. Todd, the Founder of TearJerkers is now looking at getting it - revived/started again. There is the other club that was mentioned the "Touring Tears" there in So Cal and we all know there are many Teardrops owners/lovers in SoCal and a lot of interest there.... Gage, I believe at this very minute, there is NOT a SoCal TearJerkers chapter, however, it is being discussed and will soon be re/created. Hang tight.It is only a matter of time.

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby pgwilli » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:44 pm

Nice artwork Dean :thumbsup:
Seems like I spent more time camping in Jefferson State than the PNW this year.
I tried to join, but either I'm too far north or Eunice went to bed :lol:
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:13 am

Paul,
Todd will most likely have you squared away before you get out of of bed in the morning, he's on the East Coast, so he'll deffinitely get the jump on us...
I say let's have a logo contest!!! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Gage » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:37 am

That logo do look good Dean.

Pam, why don't they just change the name of the Arizona group/chapter to the SouthWest Chapter of Tear Jerkers. That chapter could cover Arizona, New Mexico (U.S.) ;) Nevada and Southern California. :yes:

P.S. Dean, you need some redwoods in there.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby tearjerkersfounder » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:20 am

:twisted:

Good Morning Everyone who has posted regarding the beautiful State of California.

Gage, Pam & others.
Sometime back,maybe even close to 2 yrs ago, I had spoken with Phil Adams in CA. He was interested in starting a Southern California Chapter. He undertook the job. Only a logo was made, never a site. All of the other chapters were up & running fine. For some reason, this one never had a gathering or anything. No members etc. I have not heard from Phil since. I finally figured I would resurrect this chapter than let it die. This area has many,many teardrops. For years I've known about SCTT. Our group would not conflict with them. There was more than enough room for more. It's no different than a Hot Rod club. I created the Yahoo SoCal site myself. When I started Tearjerkers in 1997, I remember selling shirts, plaques etc to lots of Southern Californians. So this is why you're now hearing about a SoCal Chapter.

Eunice, Hubba Bubba & others.
Maybe 11 months ago while talking to my friend Grant, he jokingly said he wanted to find out about starting a Jefferson State Chapter of Tearjerkers; what is involved. I asked him where would that be. He told me & I laughed. The laugh was on me. I read up on the State of Jefferson movement & talked to some friends. This wasn't a joke. I got anemail from Eunice for something & I called her. We talked & I told her what I knew. She had become friends with my favorite Ambassador to Tearjerkers, Pam Wright. the next day I created a Jefferson State Chapter. I must have lit a match, because there are now 11 members already. My friend Grant was #6. I am looking for someone to head it. I'm talking with some people.

So, this is what I can tell you all about CA. I welcome anyone to contact me directly about anything they have read above. I can be emailed at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] If you like you can phone me at 212 354 8817 from 6:30 am -5:30 pm EST

Todd
tearjerkersfounder
Teardrop Inspector

logo

Postby Eunice » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 am

Dean I like it.
Gage go to tearjerkers.net and contact Todd. He will know who to contact
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Re: logo

Postby Eunice » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:00 am

keneunice wrote:Dean I like it.
Gage go to tearjerkers.net and contact Todd. He will know who to contact
Eunice

boy I missed a whole page. I like the logo that Todd sent as long as you can see redwoods. That is what Todd and I talked about. mountains, desert and redwoods and I guess ocean would cover it all
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:05 am

I decided to go with Mt. Shasta on my entry because water is something we have that they wanted...
Looking forward to seeing what others come up with... :twisted:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Pam Wright » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:24 am

Hey Gage~

Did you email or call Todd? I know he'd like to talk to you, told me he'd like your opinions, I told him, be careful what you ask for!!!ha!ha! Seriously, There are so many Teardrops in your area, I'll bet the chapter will be a lot of fun! I want to come down and camp with you guys!!!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Previous

Return to Jefferson State