new topics

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

new topics

Postby Oregonian » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:46 pm

where are all the new topics????? surely someone has something new to put on the forum so people can reply.
:thinking:
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:48 am

We are counting on you to add at least one new topic! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Mendo to IRG

Postby Oregonian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Is there going to be a following of tears from mendocino to IRG???? :applause: Would look awsum all the teardrops in one long line going to Pamplin Grove. :vroom:
Does it sound like a plan or is it just too much trouble :thinking:
Bruce JSC

Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby Oregonian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:13 pm

OK Mike, you got me so here is one :R :whistle: :hammer: :bowdown:

Oregonian
Teardrop Master

old new topic

Postby Oregonian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Mike, you were waiting for me to start a new topic, and I did, but no one, I guess, wants to caravan :vroom: from Mindo to IRG. I know of one who will caravan, even if it is by himself and his puppy, and that is ???????? :?
Bruce JSC Oregon Side

Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Bruce!

Check out the South West thread "Considering No Mendocino Coast Campout This Year" ( http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=21060 ) ... there's a whole bunch of us caravanning up to Pamplin Grove & the IRG2.0 from Mendo ... you'll have plenty of company, providing you can slow that T-coupe down enough to enjoy the scenery ... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol:

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby jdarkoregon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:54 pm

so exactly when is this caravan going to happen, I would love to be on the side of the road taking pictures.

Besides, I have to figure out how to get to the better sites before all of you come cruising in

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:17 am

Well, John ...

... nothing's been carved permanently in stone yet, but the general feeling is to leave the Mendocino Coast Gathering Monday late-morning/early-afternoon July 21 and leisurely thread our way up Hwy 1 to where it intersects with Hwy 101 at Leggett and maybe camp there by the Drive-Thru Tree ...

Tuesday, folks would pick their way up Hwy 101 and play tourists all the way, then probably camp out somewhere 'round Stafford ... get up early Wednesday morning for the short drive to Pamplin Grove so we can pick a good spot ... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup:

There are going to be a few of us, though, who will shoot straight up Tuesday to help Dean & Joannie set up .. ;)

If you are coming down for Mendo, John (no doubt via Hwy 101), you'll be able to scout some of the many awesome places to catch the caravan where it crosses spectacular bridges or slowly threads it's way through the many Redwood Groves ... 8) ...

Looking forward to seeing you at both Gatherings! As always, then ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby doug hodder » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:28 am

Don't forget!!! Some incredible photo op's are available when tooling through the Avenue of the Giants! Would be awesome with a caravan. Narrow 2 lane, and some incredible trees on both sides make for some great photo op's. Also lots of fun "touristy" stops on the way, really vintage stops that have been there for years. Just an idea.... Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gage » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:58 am

doug hodder wrote:Don't forget!!! Some incredible photo op's are available when tooling through the Avenue of the Giants! .... Doug

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:12 pm

Count me on on a caravan, from Mendo to IRG....

Is it July yet????

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

T coupe

Postby Oregonian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Grant

The coupe just is not comfortable enough to take that far, so will be coming in the Jeep. :cry: The only gathering that the coupe will go to this year is the Rogue Valley-Medford gathering. :vroom: Just too many gas stops for the coupe and I would not be able to keep up with anyone having to stop about every 80 miles for gas. Only hold 10 gallons and get at the most, 8-10 miles per. I would have to stop before I got the short distance from Mindo to Pamplin Grove which is really bad. But if I take the Jeep, I could go from Mindo to almost home in La Pine Or, so does that tell you something. :lol: Have been looking for a gas tank that I could add to the coupe, but the size is puzzling, so will just bring the Jeep.

Bruce JSC Oregon side

Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Caraven

Postby Oregonian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:23 pm

Grant

Mike was waiting for me to start a new topic so I did. Boy glad I did, :beautiful: look at the responce
Bruce JSC Oregon side :D

Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby jdarkoregon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:48 am

Grant, Dean and anybody who might know the answer, Wasn't there some Pro-Photographer at one of the big gatherings last year, either the Dam or IRG? Where can those images be seen?

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:32 am

jdarkoregon wrote:Grant, Dean and anybody who might know the answer, Wasn't there some Pro-Photographer at one of the big gatherings last year, either the Dam or IRG? Where can those images be seen?

John

That was Doug Keister, John ... photographer & publisher of Ready To Roll, Silver Palaces, and Mobile Mansions! And, he was at the 14th Dam Gathering last year, getting a few last images for his newest book, Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers, due for publication & release in late-August or early-September (if I'm not mistaken) this year. You'll have to wait for the book to come out to see his pics, but you can get a sneak peek by looking at my avatar or the picture on my Li'l Bear Tag-Alongs home page - www.LilBear.teardrops.net ... :D ... :D ...
(Doug's a great guy, and I must have caught him in an exceptionally good mood, as I was able to negotiate permision to use that image ... I'm very greatful to him for allowing me that privilege ...!)

He lives and has his studio just 70 miles down the valley from us in Chico, CA, and though I can't make any promises, there may be a chance that he'll be at the Dam Gathering again this year! Needless to say, he has an open invitation ... :thumbsup: ...

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Next

Return to Jefferson State