!st Annual(?) TOW Fall Brigarde campout.

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

!st Annual(?) TOW Fall Brigarde campout.

Postby Gaston » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:19 pm

OCTOBER TEARDROP CAMPOUT (THE FALL BRIGADE)
I received this email from Marty of the Teardrops of Oregon & Washington (TOW)
and thought some of the Jefferson State tearjerkers may be interested in joining us

Let’s not put away our teardrop trailers yet!! We have a campout on October 10th – 12th (second weekend of October). It will be at Elk’s Park, just south of the Portland area. We have rented the park’s mini-lodge that’s heated by a stone fireplace. So even if we have some rain, we have a great place to breakfast and potluck. We’re planning on spending evenings in the hall playing all sorts of games. Dutch Oven cooking will happen in a covered area. There’s a kid’s playground.
In addition to the registration fee of $10, you will be paying $15 per night for your camp outfit. Several sites have power, so bring your themed light strings. All sites are under large, tree-shaded areas or on a large lawn next to the hall.

This is the same weekend as the swap meet and car show at the Portland Expo Center. That’s about 25 miles away. If you fish, bring a pole (we’re on the banks of the Molalla River). A golf driving range is just down the road. Silver Creek State Park with its many waterfalls is south about 25 miles. The Oregon Botanical Gardens in Silverton is about 15 miles away. Both Oregon City with its End of the Oregon Trail Center and Frey’s Electronics at Wilsonville are an easy 10 mile drive from the park.
So, bring food for lunches and snacks. The coffee pot will be going all day. For Saturday supper, plan on helping out with your favorite potluck dish. Friday supper is on your own.

Call or register before October 1st. RVs and travel trailers are invited too. See the attached Registration Form. Marty and Katie will be hosts. Phone 503-632-6563. Thanks.

I have the registration form I can email to anyone who wants one. ;)
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby traveler » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Hey John, count me in. :thumbsup: Just got the new axel under the tear and am ready to go anywhere. This sounds like a good place to go and give the tear a trial run and have some fun doing it. :SG

do you have the registration or do I call that phone number at the bottom???????? :thinking:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Camping Weekend

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:39 pm

:) Same weekend as the Dutch Oven Cookoff in Weaverville, CA. which I'd like to go to, but not cook competitively. So much goes on in our area in the early fall as the weather can be some of the best. Won't be making this event, but thanks for the invite (Marty) and giving us a holler.
I highly recommend a visit to Silverton area, as the park is beautiful and has wonderful walking spots. My great aunt lived up in that area and I loved visiting her and going exploring around this area.

Joanie ;)
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Eunice » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:23 pm

It sounds like fun but it is the same week end as Dillon Beach. Kenny and I love Silverton Park but we are planning on going south this time. Maybe next year.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby triker45 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Donna and I(and Sassy) will be heading south for Dillon Beach. It is one of the gatherings we try to make each year. Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:54 pm

Yep ...

... Dillon Beach for me, too ... :thumbsup: ... never miss it!

Nice to know, though, that the NW teardroppers have another event to go to in the Fall, now ... hope you all have fun!

As always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to Jefferson State