Pics from Western National Tearjerkers Regional Invitational

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Pics from Western National Tearjerkers Regional Invitational

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 am

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks for having us!!!... Was absolutely wonderful to see Gage & Tanya again!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 am

:envious: :envious: :envious: ...ya know, you Westerners may have a lotta BS to put up with but damn, y'all have some pretty spots to camp...sure wish I was able to join ya...*sigh*
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am

The swimming in Union Lake Reservoir was so good, Kevin A. went swimming twice!!! :o
I only know of one other time that dude went swimming and that was at Pamplin Grove.

If only the Horseshoe Gods would've been with me... :R
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 am

Too bad no one got a pic of Kevin in his Moses "get up". It was an inspirational moment! ;) Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby sdtripper2 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Sure looks like a nice place. :)
Didn't see this one advertised, but Gage's pics shows off a happy group for sure.
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Kayperkay » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:52 pm

I luv that campground...been many times 8) 8) ....wish I would have known :cry: :cry: ....I so would have been there.
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:22 pm

:roll: invitational adj. Restricted to invited participants

Thanks Gage for the pictures and thanks Doug for providing the link.

Dean, that's a fine looking piece of pork, but if you ever get down to the South East, I'll gladly share some Carolina Pulled Pork with ya.... slow smoked over hickory til it pulls apart then simmered in a sauce made with apple cider vinegar and brown sugar and a little cayenne pepper and some other secret ingredients. mmmmmm Thats pork! 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, we had 12 sites, 3 people (organizers) that asked their close friends if they would like to come..however we couldn't handle everyone....sorry. I heartily welcome anyone that wants to put on any sort of get together to go ahead and do it, see what you can find in the middle of summer camping, and then plan how you want. Just do it!

We were very limited, We would have loved to let any one that wanted to attend to be able to, but it wasn't going to be. We looked all over for a place that could handle a very large group...but came up empty handed for ElDorado county, outside of private high dollar campgrounds 35-40$ a night. Here in Calif, that's what gatherings like the Dam, Cams Cow Patty Campout, and the IRG are designed around. Those gatherings can handle 40+ easily. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Steve,
Ohh Man... I'm licken' my chops to try some of your pulled pork, but probably won't be able to stray that far from home until TDN tells me it's time to retire... :(

That roast wasn't pork... It was a Boneless Black Angus Prime Rib that Doug picked up... Was very tastey and tender too. :)

Yaa Know... February is my birthday month and that's when they run Daytona and she's been dropping these subtle little hints. :thinking: :twisted:
Ahh Man... I'd love to meet you before I retire... Hopefully, expire don't come first. :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 pm

...hey Steve, I don't think that is pork...I believe it is a Prime Rib.......................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:14 am

OMG Steve!!!
You are like an hour at most away from Daytona!!! :o
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Steve,
Ohh Man... I'm licken' my chops to try some of your pulled pork, but probably won't be able to stray that far from home until TDN tells me it's time to retire... :(

That roast wasn't pork... It was a Boneless Black Angus Prime Rib that Doug picked up... Was very tastey and tender too. :)

Yaa Know... February is my birthday month and that's when they run Daytona and she's been dropping these subtle little hints. :thinking: :twisted:
Ahh Man... I'd love to meet you before I retire... Hopefully, expire don't come first. :lol:

Begging a thousand pardons to the Black Angus Prime Rib :bowdown: That's one cut of meat I go by the butchers case, look at wistfully and fantasize about. If only we had smell emoticons.

We will meet, sometime before we kick the bucket I am sure. Kim has family that just bought a little land up in McKinleyville.

Daytona, a quick 55 miles down A1A from us, not as spectacular as the PC highway, but not a bad ride.

Again please forgive me for insulting your prime rib.....The way we cook em down here they are usually dark and crusty on the outside and pink in the middle. Come to think of it, who ever heard of "pink in the middle pork"? Yuck.... :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Steve,
McKinleyville... That's just a few minutes for here.
My primes usually do have the darker outside, but I've been trying a different method with the coals... Low and slow with a long coast at the end letting it climb slowyly to the desired tempurature instead of zapping it with mega heat through out the entire cycle.
They don't get dark on the outside this way, but they sure come out tender...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Rocketgirl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Iron Chef .... Camping!
Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to Jefferson State