Ocean Cove - CAM's C5XIII

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Ocean Cove - CAM's C5XIII

Postby Rocketgirl » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:23 am

Ocean Cove -- a beautiful location! Dave A directed us to a path that led to a stunning walk along the cliffs where you could view the divers in action. The days were somewhat brisk but it didn’t stop anyone from a good time. Everyone was in good spirits. Several campers in the area stopped by to check out all the “cute little trailers” and probably went back to their enormous RV’s with the same thought (“Honey, Our RV has no originality!”). We had a great potluck Saturday night with lots of tasty items. Everything was fabulicious (new word….made it up right now). Saturday’s fire consisted of a combination “burning chair/burning man event.” Dave brought a rustic wooden chair to burn and topped it off with a very tall golfing trophy…complete with little trophy guy on top. Well, maybe it was more “melting man” than burning man. There was a scare towards the end of the evening when another group’s fire got a little crazy. We saw huge flames shooting way up in the air and thought a tree had caught fire in the process. Several of us who were parked in that direction ran to our trailers thinking “oh crud, are we going to have to hitch up in the dark and leave?” Luckily, not the case.

Thanks again to Dave A for all his organizing and fire skills. Thanks to Team Hazard for not only diving for the abalone but cooking it up as well. Thanks to Eunice and Ken who, noticing our stove trouble on Saturday morning, adopted us and our bowl of beatened eggs and made us breakfast – complete with amazingly good bacon. Thanks to the guy at the fish cleaning table who gave us our first taste of fresh sea urchin. Thanks to the other Dave, Ocean Cove’s campground host, who besides his colorful early morning vocabulary (directed to his fishing buddies who perhaps had one too many “cocoas” the night before), shared his catch of the day with us (even cleaned and filleted them…. even better).

Penny
Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Eunice » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey rocketgirl. that is sooo cute. We had a great time. It was fun. Hope you get your dogs soon. We never did get up to another camper for a taste of sea urchin, maybe next time. The food was wonderful and the campfires fun/funny. Loved to see the burning man lose his grip.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Rocketgirl » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:34 pm

Great seeing you guys. The fuzzy kids were glad to be home and free from boarding. They were doing little tap dances in the kitchen.
Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:07 pm

I wasn't able to attend, but would like to see some pics. I know that someone out there in TD land must have some to post. Sounds like you all had a good time, but when isn't it a good time? Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Eunice » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Doug I am ashamed to admit that I didnt take one pic. I dont recall many flashbulbs going off. We did have a great time wish you could have been there.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Rocketgirl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 pm

I have some pics... just need to download them. Soon as I find the chip thingymabob....and remember how to do it.
Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 am

Rocketgirl...see I told you that Team Hazard is a good one to hang around with. Teresa cooks up a mean abalone huh? Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Kayperkay » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 am

Here's a couple of pics of our Melting Man!!!

A couple of funny sings in and around the area!!!

Beautiful California Coast
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Rocketgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 am

Potluck nite... abalone, chicken, pasta, enchilada casserole, chicken pot pie, salads, cookies, brownies, and soo much more. Note to self: must order stretchy pants to wear at future potlucks.

I have no idea how to post several photos in one post.. "duh".... so my apologies for the "onesies"...

Penny
Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rocketgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 am

A great fashion statement!
Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rocketgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:30 am

Sea urchin - sushi style or maybe bait style?
Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rocketgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:32 am

Fresh fish courtesy of Campground Host

Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rocketgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:33 am

No stress hotdog cooking. FlushGordon taking it easy

Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rocketgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 am

I just love my trailer... I can't believe I finally have one. I'm meeting great people and having super duper adventures.......but I'm really in need of stretchy "potluck pants"!

Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rocketgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:45 am

Courtney and Roy... very funny and witty. Theresa and Dan - abalone extraordinaires!

Rocketgirl
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to Jefferson State