Anyone up for a New Years Gathering...?

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby Eunice » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 am

Kay I dont think location is an issue, it is the snow. :? We like Cave campground. 8)
Kevin be prepared for a hot breakfast. We will need it. I will bring the waffle iron :D
Chili was mentioned earlier so I was thinking :thinking: of homemade chili and cornbread also. :thumbsup:
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Kayperkay » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 am

YUM...I've been wanting to make cornbread in a Duch Oven... :twisted:
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:35 am

I am so excited. I have dug out all my snow clothes that I bought last year. For Boy Scouts I so need to experience snow camping. This is cheating compared to how Scouts camp but it is close enough for me. Cant wait!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:39 pm

Kevin A wrote:This one sounds like it could be fun. Hey Dean, what ya think about you & Joanie meeting me over there? Or we could caravan.
:thinking: :twisted: :thumbsup: 8)

Sounds real fun, but someone has to hang here to reserve Pamplin Grove for IRG3.0.
Go ahead without us and have fun, Joanie & I can hold the fort. :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

IRG New Year's Gathering

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:59 am

\The Road Titan is comfortably parked beside Kevin's trailer in the parking lot of the Dept of PW. The guys got to feast upon freshly cooked crab for dinner and are planning to do a prime rib and more crab tomorrow. I left them to spend the eve in my house with the pooch. I'll be support crew and meal delivery service when needed. Got to hang out and reminese with General Bon Vivant who is waiting it out with us.

Spoiler alert....it's not yet the new year here on this coast of California,
but it looks like WE GOT THE DATES we were aiming for...July 14 to July 18 with a late/LAST check out on Monday, the 19th of July TENTATIVE.... :thumbsup:

Happy New Year wherever you may be, and I hope Kay is keeping cozy. Our coastal rain is actually pretty mild, in the 40-50 degree range, but the wind comes right off the bay and across the parking lot where the guys are camping, so it's probably about 38 to 40 as the night's low. Not bad if you are tucked in tight and tired after a hard week of work. Happy Snoozing and welcome a NEW decade.

Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Kayperkay » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:06 am

I am cozy.... 8) HAPPY NEW YEAR...!! And Eunice....I'll just hold on to your Birthday present until the next gathering. :twisted: ....I'm so bummed I couldn't make it....I hope you have a fabulous time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kay
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Kay you missed a great time. snow was not an issue until we got there so driving was a breeze. It was so beautiful. It was cold but the snow clothes worked great and we were toasty warm in the canopy with our heater. Grant and Lisa surprised us on Friday and came with their teardrop so it was an official gathering (2 tears). It was 20 degrees this morning when we left! The chili was good but toooooo much cayenne pepper! :shock: The first bite was a bit of a shock but then you got use to the burn. I didnt think of altitude so I burned the corn bread :cry: Just on the bottom so we still ate it.
There were people in the campground for the day, hiking and picnic and a van pulled in and spent the night then left in the morning.
The night sky was gorgeous but I couldnt get a picture. Hopefully Lisa's will turn out.
I will post pictures tomorrow.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Kayperkay » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Really..? No snow on the road..? :applause: I am so Bummed...!! Sounds like you guys had fun...can't wait to see pics. I guess I'm not cut out for snow driving or camping....I'll just have to wait till spring. :thumbsup:
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Jefferson State