New Years Day Gatherin

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby Eunice » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 am

Gage wrote:It's going to be beautiful there the whole time. I'm not coming, it's to far. :lol:

we will miss you Gage. would love to visit with Tanya and of course Rocky and Rosey would love to camp next to Mickey
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Good news for you! :D The weatherman says the storm is coming in earlier than originally reported. It is coming in Thursday (up to 1" of rain, snow at 5,000 feet) and should be just about done by Friday afternoon. :relaxing:

There are differing predictions for Saturday and Sunday. TV's KRCR weatherman says it will be sunny from Saturday on for the next 7 days. The Internet weather says there is a chance of occasional light snow showers on Sunday.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Eunice » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Yea! I have been watching the weather. Lassen National park has a web cam right down the road from the campground. I can see the road going past the camp.
All roads are open with no delays
Kenny and I have planned all along that if we couldnt get through we will find a camp and stay where we land. It looks like we will be able to go to Old Station no problem. I am so excited.
Scouters are teasing me that I am cheating with our trailer....I am suppose to be in a tent and build an igloo.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Sounds like a great adventure no matter where you land. :thumbsup: I love bad weather camping you just need to be prepared and up for the journey. have a great time.

Kathy and i are going to camp this weekend at El Capitan State beach. we leave tomorrow and will be Joined By Sam and Maria. Were taking all are cold weather gear. :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Eunice » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 pm

George and Kathy
have a great time. Kenny and I did great at the DAM gathering in the 6" of rain with our canopy and heater so I think we will be fine. It isnt really "snow" camping like the Scouts but close enough for me.

Will you be at IRG3?
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 pm

We will be there with bells on. which of course is a step up from those pants doug wears. ;)
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Eunice wrote:
Scouters are teasing me that I am cheating with our trailer....I am suppose to be in a tent and build an igloo.

Just tell 'em it's a wooden tent on wheels! You can still build the igloo. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Eunice » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 pm

My mantra has always been "my husband can fix anything"
well he has put a temporary luggage rack on the tear so we can carry some wood for our snow camp. We are getting excited
yes we are still planning on putting up a redwood luggage rack but just havent got around to it yet. Hopefully by Fathers Day gathering.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Previous

Return to Jefferson State