Movie Night at IRG 3.0

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby Gage » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:56 am

That was Oasis Maker that went to bed. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:09 am

Doesn't matter which one went to bed Gage....I think both are IRG newbies....golly...wonder what will happen????? :thinking: :thinking: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:22 am

doug hodder wrote:Doesn't matter which one went to bed Gage....I think both are IRG newbies....golly...wonder what will happen????? :thinking: :thinking: Doug

"Wonder what will happen???" Well I can assure you no "gollies" will be provided by me? Don't let that exchange with Prem and me mislead you. A joke was wrongly taken out of context and I went way too far in having to explain it. My original post was just trying to remind people in a fun and creative way how wild that movie was in our youth, and that maybe it wouldn't be appropriate for IRG setting and this stage of our lives.

Incidentally, I was signed up, paid in full, and ready to leave for IRG 2.0, and it was literally right at that same time that it was discovered I had a brain tumor. My surgery was in August 2008. So if I am fortunate enough to attend IRG 3.0, it will have a very significant meaning for me and I will be grateful just to be there. "Newbie?" Not to appreciating the company of good people and camping in beautiful settings I'm not. And I am confident of having both at IRG 3.0.

;)

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Blumie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:48 am

Now you guys have us newbies all confused. We were just about to fill out the IRG 3.0 registration when I saw all this about RHPS and loudspeaker-ed movies in the meadow. We don't want to be wet rags at your party. Is there a quiet section at these gatherings for the folks who don't stay up late?
Thanks!
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:07 am

blumie wrote:Now you guys have us newbies all confused. We were just about to fill out the IRG 3.0 registration when I saw all this about RHPS and loudspeaker-ed movies in the meadow. We don't want to be wet rags at your party. Is there a quiet section at these gatherings for the folks who don't stay up late?
Thanks!

Amen. Question already asked.

dhazard wrote:
Oasis Maker wrote:
Hey seriously - what about that? I've been wondering about the noise factor and other campers? Is this kosher to do? Do we own the joint as far as reservations?

Scott G.

It is a closed event, just us teardropers, so be aware when picking out your campsite that we will make some noise in the meadow on movie night.

Maybe Doug's question about "newbies" should be inverted? :thinking:

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jhb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 am

For those who haven't been able to attend in the past, I was a nube 2 years ago. I camped in the meadow, about 150 feet of open space from the rabble rousing group watching the movie. Went to bed at 10:pm and never heard them. At least not any more than the folks in the trees sitting by the camp fire and laughing and telling stories.

There will be 250 people at this event and it is spread out over a fairly large area. There were, what, 25 or so that gathered around the movie screen, that means that there were 225 in bed or sitting round a camp fire.

In many ways, IRG wasn't one big gather, it was several dozen small gathers all in one place. But a word of warning: Don't stand by a group you don't know for too long or they'll invite you in, hand you some refreshment, a chair, some food, and compel you to be their friends for the rest of your life! :thumbsup:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby dhazard » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:22 am

blumie wrote:Now you guys have us newbies all confused. We were just about to fill out the IRG 3.0 registration when I saw all this about RHPS and loudspeaker-ed movies in the meadow. We don't want to be wet rags at your party. Is there a quiet section at these gatherings for the folks who don't stay up late?
Thanks!

Linda, Relax I will try and remove some of the confusion. At IRG 2 some of us came directly from a smaller gathering to IRG. I did a move night at the other gathering so I had a projector with me and we had an impromptu move night. We were going to show “The Long, Long Trailerâ€
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby DougH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 pm

How about American Graffiti? Just love that 55 Chevy :)
DougH
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Excellent suggestion! 108min.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Hey, this gathering is in the REDWOODS! They are practically "sacred" - kind of "God's natural cathedral" kind of thing. Showing something as crass as The Rocky Picture Horror Show" would be a travesty. If you're going to show a movie, how about something like a feel-good, happy Western - since we'll be in the heart of the West. How about something like "Silverado?" -- Jane
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:48 pm

DougH wrote:How about American Graffiti? Just love that 55 Chevy :)

We will know in a week if Jane can get the time off for us to attend IRG 3.0.
I have American Graffiti & the follow up American Graffiti movie, watch it when Jane can't camp with me :thumbsup: .
I have the complete collection of Mel Brooks movies 8) . :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby sunny16 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:50 pm

So what night was the movie at IRG 2.0? I was there thru Friday night, left Saturday around noon and don't remember ever hearing about it. It must have been Saturday night.
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby rainjer » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:17 pm

I have "Follow Me Boys!" also. That is a fun movie. 133min.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 pm

For any and all with noise concerns about Dan's "Movies on the Meadow" prensentation(s)... Relax.
There are conditional rules we must adhere to regarding sound levels at Pamplin Grove in regards to the protection of two breeds of endangered birds and the setup used does not excede the noise levels or how they are broadcast.

I suggested two movies, but since there have been so many, I will change to just one... Little Big Man. :worship:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:35 pm

How about any of the Peter Sellers Pink Panthers?
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State