Dam Gathering April 29-May 2, 2010

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby sftiggee » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:37 pm

What's this? people saving spots? Dang, hope there are good spots in the thick of things for when we arrive Friday afternoon!!! We are hoping to be in the middle of everything near the bonfire. Weather looks like it will be good for Friday-Sunday. Some rain for the early birds on Wednesday and potentially Thursday. Can't wait to see y'all!!
Jolene, Luke, Jackson, Lilianne, and Bandit
2006 Camp-Inn Raindrop Ultra
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 pm

I'd for sure plan on bringing tarps! I've had 5 people ask me to save spots....that ain't happening! Way too many, I'd probably get egged! We can double up in most of the spots anyway, and share tarps/cover and fire. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby martha24 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:09 am

Gage wrote: We should be there Thursday around noon (if I can get up).[/i][/b] :lol: How much time does it take to get from Sac. to Antlers? :thinking:

We'll see you up the Gage. We are already in Sacramento (at our daughter's) and will be heading to Redding (David's sister's) either tomorrow or Wed. morning and to Antlers on Thursday once we get going in morning.

Looks like the weather should be calming down as the week goes on. Looks like tomorrow should be the wettest. Weds shows showers.

Of course around here the weather forecast seems to change everyday. :lol: At least that was the case the last couple of times we were here.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:48 am

Driving Time: It is about 186 miles from the center of Sacramento to the center of Antlers, CA. At legal trailer speeds (55mph), it will take approximately 3 hours 20 minutes to get from Sacramento to Antlers, CA. At normal legal car speeds, it will take about 2 hours 55 minutes. :vroom:

Weather: Rain showers are predicted for Wednesday, decreasing on Thursday. Right now, the weatherman is predicting a "slight" chance of showers for Friday. :rainy:

Saturday and Sunday, they are still predicting sunny days in the 70's. :relaxing:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Gage » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:31 am

martha24 wrote: We'll see you up the Gage. We are already in Sacramento (at our daughter's) and will be heading to Redding (David's sister's) either tomorrow or Wed. morning and to Antlers on Thursday once we get going in morning.

Sorry Martha, something came up that I can't put off. We won't be there. Sure wish we could make it. I am so ready for a relaxed weekend away from this KIT. :(
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 am

Speaking of things coming up...sure hope the temperature does! It's like 39 here, spitting snow and hail. Hard to get too enthused about finishing loading up. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby 1912 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Got the tear out of its winter garage and drained antifreeze and filled my tank, then gave it a good wash. Have the doors open to air it out. Refilling the pantry and loading the wagon. Been having some issues with late snow here--it keeps happening. Probably be snow somewhere between here and there, but should be in by Thurs evening. Hopefully no rain to set up in.
Mark

CampInn #214
Subaru Forester
Eddyline kayaks
Specialized bicycles

\^/
/_\
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:21 am

Joanie has to work the school carnival this evening, but will be hooking up with Colton and I in Salyer tonight. We'll be heading over to Lakehead earlt Saturday morning. I'll be doing Seafood Chowder for our next video on Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby traveler » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:21 am

Well Dean, I will be looking forward to seeing you two and there are about 30 units here already, and more coming in every minute. I think Joanies spot is taken, but there are many more for her to chose from.
See you when u get here.
Bruce and Ebony :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 am

traveler wrote:I think Joanie's spot is taken

God I hope we don't have to camp on Snob Hill... :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby traveler » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:46 am

Think there are lots of spaces still back there, but they are going quick. See you when you get here.
Bruce and Ebony :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:
traveler wrote:I think Joanie's spot is taken

God I hope we don't have to camp on Snob Hill... :lol:

You calling me a Snob? :thinking: I'll remember that. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Steve E » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Don't know if you will get this message up there but sure am missing being able to be there with everyone..... :cry: :cry: Pretty windy down here in Shingle Springs but sun is shining brightly....Hope weather is good for all of you and we send our best........Have a Blast!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Steve & Patty
" I Go Where I'm Towed"
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Friday Night Spirit

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 pm

8) Here I am partying away at the Carnival....but I'll be seeing you tomorrow, Sat., with my teardrop. Take care, save some fun for me.
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Ken Fincher » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Joanie
We have a spot for you next to me & Jan & next to Doug & Kevin
It is up on the hill, So you might tell Dean to bring his outdoor sleeping bag. :lol:

And in reguards to your regualar spot it is taken, but the folks that are in it said you are more then welcome to drop by & check out the falls. :thumbsup:

& I was told to let you know that the falls are bigger then ever.

We'll see you guys soon.

Space #27
P.S. Dean do not forget your polo shirt & slacks and your dockers
Plus Sports jacket is required.
(No sleeveless or collarless shirts addmitted) :lol:

Signed the whole crew.
(WEATHER IS GREAT & THE FOOD IS EVEN BETTER)
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State