Another Jefferson State gathering spot.

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Another Jefferson State gathering spot.

Postby Kayperkay » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Hey all you Jefferson Staters... :twisted: ..while on a back road Memorial Day drive, I checked out Sam Brown campground up on Onion mountain in Southern Oregon. Great spot for Teardroppers....I ran into the forest service while up there and they're looking forward to seeing the group use their services. 36 campsites...most can hold more than 1 trailer....best part...only $5.00 per site :thumbsup: ....lots of shade, a huge group eating area....fun for a Dutch oven pot luck..!!! Would make a great spot in the heat of summer with all those tall pines and shade. Water close by for kids to play as well.
Soooo....Anyone interested...??? 8) 8) I'm thinking the first weekend in August...?

Sam Brown campground is located on the old Ferrin Ranch, 14 miles from Hwy.199( The top of Hayes Hill)
Directions From Grants Pass travel north on I-5 to Exit 61 (Merlin). Turn left (west) on the Merlin-Galice Road for 12 miles to Taylor Creek Road (FS Road 25), turn left. Continue 14 miles to FS Road 2512, turn right. The road is paved all the way. :applause:

Meandering up and over a hillside and through a stand of widely spaced fir and pine, campsites are spacious and await RV and tent campers. At the entrance to the campground is a large meadow where birds are captured, banded, and tracked by the Forest Service. Occasionally, elk stop by the meadow for a snack. What a thrill to see one of these magnificent animals stroll across the former hayfield! And then there are the multi-use trails, almost 20-miles of trails for foot, horse, mountain bike and motor routes through the nearby woods.
2300 foot elevation. Good site for large groups, beautiful meadows. trailhead of Briggs Creek Trail located in campground, Taylor Creek and Dutchy Creek trailheads are nearby.
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby triker45 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Sounds good to me. Know the spot and you're right. Would be a great place. Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Kayperkay » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Cool 8) I figure the first weekend in August would work....approx. 3 weeks after the IRG and 2 1/2 weeks before August moon at Applegate Lake. :thumbsup:
Kay
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:02 pm

teardrop for sale
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Why Bruce...? :thinking:
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby 4123 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Hey Kay,

We've been to Sam Brown several times. It is a great spot. There's lots of interesting things to do near there as well. Onion Mountain Lookout being one of them.

Ron
~~~Ron & Olga Christianson~~~
http://www.museumphones.com
"Consider It ALL entertainment"
ImageImageImage
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 pm

boy the way you have described the way to get there and what would be found in the campground, you should be a writer for a camping magazine. I am impressed. :applause:
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Don't be.....impressed that is. :lol: I copied that from the Siskyou Forest Web site. Hope you can make it. :thumbsup: See ya Fathers Day 8) 8)
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:28 pm

boy you sure got me on that one :R and will be there at secret on wednesday about three pm. :)
traveler
The 300 Club

Return to Jefferson State