IRG 3.0.....7 days to go people!!!!

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: Heading for Redwood

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Ken&Eunice wrote:I love these forums and facebook where we are friends long before we meet... For 3 years Kenny worked during the day and came out nights but finally said no more, 2012 he is taking vacation for the week! :applause:

Eunice,
I just got in myself, sitting here in IRG Bliss, feeling so good about having so many close endearing friends and I'm going to post a thread in General Disscusion about that titled, "What Is It?..."
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Eunice » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:26 pm

FYI Dean I didnt order shirts this year but want you to know they looked GREAT on everyone sporting one all week!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Dave A » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Dean and Joanie. thank you ,thank you , thank you, for the best campout ever.

Dave :D :D :D
Dave A
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:17 pm

We're now camping in Rock Springs, WY. It was a long day driving, but thankfully it was uneventful. Should be home tomorrow afternoon.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Rocky....thanks for bringing the "egg" along. AWESOME eats out of that cooker....I'm so glad that I got to eat early on Sat. night so I got some of it, and for those of you that didn't attend....a great brisket, and he was committed enough to start it the night before....just killer! Have a safe trip home! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

"Brisket Boy", Thank you Rocky

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:15 pm

8) Not only was the brrrrisket the best.......Rocky earned bonus points for packing up a Hefty, Hefty Cinch Sack to the upper garbage bins where we crossed paths (way past nidnight ) as he was on his way being a responsible camper...and we had a nice lil yakfest in the wee of the hour. He did not want to leave out the scrap cut offs close by in HIS trash cuz he didn't want late night visits from critters. Kudos to you Rocky, for the cooking in the Egg (You know Dean wants one of those now....), for being our Flag Finisher in the TD Derby, for sharing that FA
Bulous scrapbook made by wife, Melody, and for making the long haul fron Colorado. Friendships like yours are treasured...(and remember to keep sending us the Christmas Cards),.

TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby asianflava » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks guys, I finally made it home around 2:30 this afternoon. Followed Bruce and Jean the whole way, we parted ways in Ft Collins. I stopped for lunch and got some BBQ tacos.

I've done many briskets but I must admit that that one was one of my better ones.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey Rock,
She looked at green eggs today... :twisted: :lol:

Oh wait... She said it was a smaller white egg and she found them at a sewing & vacumme store.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby tupelosue » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 pm

I had a great time seeing everybody!! I see here on the forum that there were some people there that I never even saw!!

I was pretty whipped and didn't get out and about much (well, except for the scooter rides...) so did miss out on some visiting.

As usual, ate well, early and often, and laughed lots and lots around the campfires.

Thanks to Dean and Joanie and their fabulous KREWE for the awesome gathering!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 pm

A big THANK YOU to Dean and Joanie and the rest of the gang for making this a wonderful event. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Had a great time. It was nice to meet some of the folks in person and now i"m trying to match some other folks to their sign in.

So, can I sign up for IRG 4.0 now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok, guess I'll have to wait about 18 months...........
Again, great event.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Just got home about midnight. 7,283 miles and 31 days after we started. With the Jetta TDI sportwagan we averaged a trip total 28.5 mpg while towing the tear.

Thanks to all the great people we met and especially to Dean ,the Teardrop Nanny and all the organisers and contributers. We always felt welcome by everyone we met.

Doug, the latern will hold a special place in our house.

The Long Haulers
Gary and Cheri
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Ken Fincher » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Gary and Cheri
We are glad you made it home safely & I would almost bet you have some great pictures from your long journey to & from the IRG.

If anyone did'nt have a great time or get enough to eat it was there own fault because the food & folks at the this gathering we're great.

Hopefully we will be heading in your direction in the near future.

Ken & Jan
& Sweetie too.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Long Haulers are Home!

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 am

Wisconsin Folks....you rock! So neat to meet other chapters and people from the other parts of the US. We so appreciate all those people who made the long haul out, ...stiff competition from the WI group for the most amount of miles, and all of you deserve a round of applause. :applause: ;)

Dean & I were delighted to see that so many people made this Redwood Experience a trip of a lifetime....what great memories....don't foget to put up some pictures. I found myself watching the videos a few more times and looking at picytures agsain because I saw things/people/etc. that I hadn't seen during the event. I can't be everywhere at once....although I tried hard! :lol:

The Fogcrawler & TDN .....with an attitude of gratitude ..... :D

'
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Previous

Return to Jefferson State