RUGS for teardrop

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

RUGS for teardrop

Postby Eunice » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 am

Love taking weaving classes. This was my last day. Cutting the rugs off the loom. Hopefully I can get my loom set up and continue weaving.
These two really look like they came straight from the 1950's. It was great fun!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby grant whipp » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Very COOL, Eunice ... :thumbsup: ...!

Can I get one with flames and skulls ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...? Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

As always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Eunice, Hi Grant. How are you both doing?

Eunice nice looking rug your making. That type of rug making is very popular here as well. Also making the same rugs but out of plastic, different colors. Very durable. And easy to dry.

Weve got a loom at my wifes mothers place. And weve got all sorts of material here to make them out of. But do try weaving with plastic. Some real nice rugs from that as well. :thumbsup:

Wishing you all our best. Hugs to you both Eunice and Grant. :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Dusty82 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

A little warning from the husband of a weaver who has her loom set up in the living room, Eunice: be very careful - what you're doing is HIGHLY addictive. :lol:

I'd also like to say that your project looks excellent! I love the colors.

So - what's the next project going to be...? Curtain fabric? A nice warm blanket? Inquiring minds want to know... :)
TV: 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport

Currently stuck in a tent.
Dusty82
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:49 pm

thanks everyone
Grant in time! :? There is so much to learn and remember
Heikki I will try the plastic. I have to cut this in two and hem it. I am learning how to spin also. A friend gave me a big bag of wool fiber and in the spring I am going to brush my brothers horses and get their "fur". I can blend the two and then make more rugs. My brother wants a saddle blanket. I just think it will be neat that I made the yarn to make a rug or blanket. fun fun fun
Dusty, Kenny has already learned that! I love ebay and have got everything from bobbin winders to boat shuttles!!!! I have to clear out a room for my loom but gee....never thought of the living room! :lol:
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Dusty82 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I was too late, Eunice - you're hooked... :lol: When you start brushing pets to spin the yarn, you're officially a fiberholic. Around here, even dust bunnies are considered fiber animals...

My DW started out knitting, then she took up spinning and weaving at right around the same time. Her "fiber room" overflowed into the loom being in the living room only because it won't fit in there with 2 of her knitting machines set up. Her spinning wheel stays in the living room too, but it looks really nice in here, so there's no objection from me - like it would matter if there was one...

I don't know how handy your husband is around a wood shop, but I've discovered that a LOT of the tools of the spinning, weaving, and knitting trade can be easily made for about 1/4 of the price of buying them. For instance, that rag shuttle sitting on the bench in your photos can be made with about $3 worth of materials and about a half hour of labor, not counting glue drying time. I've made about a half dozen of them, and they're pretty easy to do. I'm currently building a warping reel for her loom because I about fainted when I saw what the nominal price for one was.

So, I guess I can't complain too much about her obsessio.. I mean hobby, After all, her hobby is feeding mine... :D

Keep up the great work, and I know that I, for one, would love to see what else you're doing. :thumbsup:
TV: 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport

Currently stuck in a tent.
Dusty82
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:52 pm

It looks like you're putting your retirement time to good use and having fun! :thumbsup: Those rugs will match your teardrop perfectly! :applause: I hope you will post a picture of the horse blanket when you get it done, too.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Jefferson State