Campgound?

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Campgound?

Postby scotta » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Last summer, I stayed in a campground south of Grants Pass, Oregon. The campground was reached by going through a rest area off I-5. Was a really nice campground. My question, is this a common practice in some places or was this the only one ? I guess this was located in the State of Jefferson. BTW beautiful part of the world!
scotta
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kayperkay » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Valley of The Rogue State Park http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_109.php
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Have stayed there many time while at work, well not really working, :lol: but on my 8 hour resting layover. :relaxing: Real nice and well not too quiet.
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby scotta » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Thanks I must have been tired. Didn't notice much noise.
scotta
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Campgound?

Postby Nite Ryder » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:19 pm

The OP asked if this was a common practice to enter a campground through an exit for a rest area. To answer your question, I would say no, it's not common. Campgrounds along our Interstate highway's are rather common, also common along most of the state highway's in Oregon. Last Summer my wife and I drove up Hwy 101 on the Oregon Coast, between Harbor and Lincoln City, we noticed many campgrounds along the way, just off the highway. We stopped at many of them just to look around, and found many in the Southern part of the state to be roomy and beckoning us to visit them. Further North were more campgrounds, but we noticed the camp sites were more crammed together and not so spread out and roomy.
If its got a cork,I'll drink it - if it's got a tune,I'll dance to it - if it's got a trigger, I'll shoot it - if it's got hair, I'll ride it.
Nite Ryder
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Jefferson State