Black Butte Lake..May 20th. 21st. and 22nd. 2011

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby grant whipp » Fri May 20, 2011 1:06 pm

So, here we are! Got here last night 'round 6:30 to enjoy a nice evening on the lake before everybody started showing up. Nice dinner, nice fire, warm & cozy!

This morning is beautiful ... sun shinning, a little breeze crossing the lake from east to west, birds, deer, rabbits, and a little King snake keeping me company in the restroom ... ;) ...! Now, we just everybody to show up and it'll all be good!

CHEERS!

Grant & Kay
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby GuitarPhotog » Fri May 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Nice place to celebrate "the End of the World" :lol:

Too bad I'm working this week/weekend, I'd love to be there.

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Fri May 20, 2011 4:57 pm

When we were there a few weeks ago, the trees down below you, off to the left loop, were full of lewis's woodpeckers. Have a great gathering!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri May 20, 2011 5:21 pm

:cry: I wanna be there!

I know you'll be having a nice time! :thumbsup: Say Hi to Kay.

:relaxing: :campfire:

And when you get back to the shop, I wanna order some FENDERS!

:coffee:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun May 22, 2011 10:05 am

On Friday afternoon, I visited the Buckhorn Campground at Black Butte Lake. There were some Jefferson State teardroppers there with many more coming after work. I thought you’d enjoy a few pictures:

Not a bad view anywhere:

Black Butte boat ramp area – see for miles:

Perfect weather for Teardrop Time:

Teardrop beauty:

Some clever galley ideas:

As the sun starts to dip in the sky, Grant and Kay, wave g’bye:

S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Casita de Glenritas #1002 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Well I made it Sat afternoon after the Maxwell Car Show just in time for dinner. :D

I have pic's but I don't see a way to post them :(

Oh well, It was fun and great company. :lol:
Casita de Glenritas #1002
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Rob » Tue May 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Kay, Grant-

Thanks for coordinating this. I grew up 45 miles from Black Butte Lake and had skied there many times, but never camped. It was a great place. A little too much pet excitement for my preferences, but tolerable. We got Lulu back where she belongs, got Mary Beth cleaned up, Abby is recovering from surgery having lost a bit of small intestine. :shock:

Yep, a fun time had by all!
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue May 24, 2011 3:19 pm

:thinking: Hmmm... A little too much pet excitement? Did we have a serious off-leash 'fur fight'? :o
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kayperkay » Tue May 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Home from Black Butte Lake.... :thumbsup: What a great gathering, thank you to everyone who participated in my 1st. official Tearjerker gathering of 2011.
We arrived on Thursday to beautiful weather and a peaceful campground. We made a delicious Dutch Oven dinner of stuffed Portabello mushrooms, Steak Kabobs and Roasted baby red potatoes :D We sat around our campfire and enjoyed the clear night full of stars and a full (well almost full) moon.

Friday morning was absolutely gorgeous....We hung around camp, took a little walk and waited for others to arrive. Friday evenings pot luck was SCREAMIN' :thumbsup: We had Dutch Oven Chili and Cornbread...A delicious Pasta salad, an Oriental green salad, Jerry and Donna's famous Snicker Doodles and his HOT Franks and Beans from Taylors. The rest of the evening was spent taking an after dinner walk around the lake and sittin' round the campfire tellin' stories and listening to the bull frogs sing.

Saturday morning we all hung out and enjoyed the peaceful scenery watching Deer and jackrabbits roam the campground. If you are bird watcher this place is a must visit destinations. Woodpeckers, Osprey, Eagles, Turkey Vultures, Robins........too many to list. We were fortunate to have Sharon H. stop by for a visit, she's always fun. 8) We had another fabulous Pot luck with 2 different Dutch Oven Lasagnas, Salads and desserts. That evening we had our Teardropper Rapture party....everyone was in attendance :lol:

Sunday morning was departure day for most :cry: However 3 Tears decided to stay another night and boy were we glad we did....We watched the most fabulous lightning show way off in the distance, saw double rainbows and stars for days. :thumbsup:

Thank you again for making this another great Jefferson State Gathering. See ya Fathers Day 8)
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby MarkD » Sat May 28, 2011 12:18 am

It was fun stopping in and seeing everyone, thanks for the hospitality. We glad to hear that Abby is doing better. Maybe next time the world ends, we'll bring our trailer and stay a while.

Mark and Marge
MarkD
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Jefferson State