4th. Annual Fathers Day gathering June 17-19th DOUGLAS CITY

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

4th. Annual Fathers Day gathering June 17-19th DOUGLAS CITY

Postby Kayperkay » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 pm

DOUGLAS CITY Campground IS THE SPOT..!! Along Hwy 299 and the Trinity River

JUST IN....East Fork is closed due to Port Orford Cedar root disease being brought in on automobile tires during the wet season...
I just called and it won't be open until mid week NEXT week. The ranger suggested Hayden Flat Campground..? 25 East of willow creek, he recommends the one between the Hwy and the river based on the preferences I told him. I'm heading to Redding now...I'll be online later....group think, Where should we go..? So far it looks like 7 trailers based on who has replied. Boise Creek campground is so close to the road, even the ranger didn't like it....

This is a no reserve campground so someone will arrive early and try and save spots...It's a small and cozy campground, we think we can fill the place, no problem. So come on out and join us for our 4th. annual Fathers Day gathering 2011
Contact [email protected] for more info

Description: 1600ft elevation. 10 campsites. This shady campground has the East Fork of Willow Creek running through the campground. Fishing in area creeks. Hiking or mountain biking on area forest roads. Trinity Scenic Byway(Hwy 299) offers travelers a scenic driving experience while crossing the national forest. Enjoy picnicing, fishing, viewing the scenery, and wildlife viewing.

Address: Lower Trinity Ranger District
Six Rivers National Forest
P.O. Box 68 Highway 96
Willow Creek, CA 95573 Phone: (530) 629-2118

Season: May - October
Fee: $8/night;$5/extra vehicle; $4/day use
Reservations: NO

East Fork Campground offers 10 campsites suitable for both tent and RV style camping. Parking spurs can accommodate trailers with a maximum length of 20 feet.
East Fork Campground is located in the Six Rivers National Forest on the East Fork of Willow Creek. The campsites lie under the shade of numerous deciduous trees and offer excellent views of the natural beauty surrounding the campground.
Be sure to relax and enjoy yourself at this campground, but always remember to store food properly; otherwise you might run into a bear (or even a mountain lion if you're living right).

Facilities: East Fork Campground has no piped drinking water so come prepared. Wheelchair accessible vault toilets are available on the premises. Picnic tables and grills are located throughout the campground.
Best Time To Visit: East Fork Campground is open from late May to early October. Wet weather may affect these dates.
Fees: Fees are charged.
Accessibility: Restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
Rules: Maximum length of stay is 14 days. Family pets must be kept on leashes at all times. Campfire restrictions may be put into affect depending on conditions. Please store food properly and do not feed wildlife.

Directions: To reach East Fork Campground from Eureka, first go to Willow Creek. From Willow Creek, take State Rt. 299 west 5.2 miles to campground on left.

Reservations: East Fork Campground does not accept reservations. Sites are available on a first come first served basis.

Attractions Near
East Fork Campground
Six Rivers National Forest
Last edited by Kayperkay on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Plan B

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:16 am

8) KK,
Here is the number for Pigeon Point ( 530 ) 623-6106
Individual campsites and the group eating area are newer areas.

Also, Boise Creek, Gray's Falls & Burnt Ranch campgrounds are close to Willow Creek.
Call me if we are going to be a small gathering for a stay at Salyer, Plan S.

Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Kayperkay » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

It's lookin' like just the two of us so far... :thinking: Is anyone else planning on coming..? :roll:
Kay
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Dave A » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Kay, I'm gonna try to make it.

Dave
Dave A
500 Club

Postby triker45 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:42 pm

We'll be there Kay. Jerry
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Kay, Rosey and I will be there! Cant wait to see you. Hope for nice weather but bring a jacket.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby carolandrews » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm planning on coming. Do you. know where we are gathering?

Carol
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kayperkay » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:06 pm

YAY Carol...!!! However, we don't know where :?

EAST FORK CLOSED......I just called and it won't be open until mid week NEXT week. The ranger suggested Hayden Flat Campground..? 25 East of willow creek, he recommends the one between the Hwy and the river based on the preferences I told him. I'm heading to Redding now...I'll be online later....group think, Where should we go..? So far it looks like 7 trailers based on who has replied. Boise Creek campground is so close to the road, even the ranger didn't like it. :thinking:
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 am

Hello???????????? Ok Kay where are you? Find anything you like? We are waiting......
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Kayperkay » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:57 am

I just got off the phone with the Ranger Station.....What a nightmare this has been :? but many lessons have been learned. Here's the plan

DOUGLAS CITY CAMPGROUND is the spot :D It's located off Hwy 299 along the Trinity river. I'm going out tomorrow morning and will save sites...I'm going to try and get sites 8-12 at this point.

The Ranger Station at Big Bar is only open 1 day a week now I had a heck of a time trying to find someone to talk to....All websites, even the National Forest said to make reservation through Recreation.gov.....however Recreation.gov did NOT contract with them and could not make reservations. I had a hard time convincing them that I wasn't able to.....FINALLY a nice man here in Redding helped me out however the Group area at Hayden Flat isn't a group area at all....They have "Group" rates....but not a group area. They would only allow 1 trailer per site and their group rates were a min. of 3 sites @ 40.00.....So, we would have to reserve 6-9 sites and 80.00-12.00.

Douglas City is 10.00 per site...the host said we could double up...It's a nicer location as well. :thumbsup:
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby Dave A » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Kay
Glad to hear you finally located a campground for your gathering.
Must have been a mad scramble.
See you there.

Dave
Dave A
500 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:03 pm

I can't wait to see you Dave :D You'll like this place, it's going to be warm :relaxing: so bring plenty of fluids. The fishing is excellent there, so says the camp host. :thumbsup: and don't bother bringing any firewood....it's only $5.00 for a whole wheel barrel load. :thumbsup: Some of us are arriving Thursday if you can get away early...see ya soon. 8)
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby carolandrews » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:12 pm

The campsite looks wonderful on Google Earth! Is there a way, that you would recommend, to get from I-5 coming from Sacramento to 299 west without going through Redding? Thanks.

Carol
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kayperkay » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Yes...exit 675, Bechelli Lane / Churn Creek Road....take a left at the light and go until it ends...aprox.2 miles or so.....turn right onto hwy 273 and go another mile or so....turn left at Buenaventura, you know, past Grants shop....continue on Buenaventura about 2 miles to Hwy 299....turn left. I don't know if that's easier but you'll avoid town.
Kay

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby carolandrews » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I've never been to Grant's shop, so I can wave as I go by.

Carol
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Jefferson State