Jefferson State TearJerkers' Hat Creek Campout, 9/15-18/11

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Jefferson State TearJerkers' Hat Creek Campout, 9/15-18/11

Postby grant whipp » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:49 am

Sept. 15-18, 2011 near Old Station, CALIFORNIA
Jefferson State Chapter of the TearJerkers' Hat Creek Campout (formerly the Return to the Caves Fall Gathering) has been moved to the Hat Creek Hereford Ranch RV Resort & Campgrounds, still on the banks of Hat Creek, 13 miles north of Old Station, CA (near the intersection of Hwys 89 & 44, just north of Lassen National Park). After looking the area over again recently, it was decided that "the Ranch" will be better suited for this, our last TJ Gathering of the season ... there's a store (with Ice Cream & fabulous steaks!), ice, firewood, propane, showers, laundry, HUGE trees, Hat Creek runs thru it, a cafe down the road, and there's a fully stocked lake right next to our campsites ($10.00 per person to catch 5 trout a day, no fishing license required, with almost a guarantee to get all 5). We're allowed 12 people per site (approx. 4 trailers) and we have two large beautiful grassy sites reserved with a third "penciled in", so if you want to attend and be in these sites contact Kay, ASAP!, at [email protected] ... otherwise you may be on your own for reservations/sites. Campground website is http://hatcreekrv.com/index.htm , and our sites are #59, #60, & (#61). Please contact Kay for any & all info and/or questions. See you there!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby triker45 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Well be there. Jerry and Donna
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 am

Wish I could be there. Unfortunately, the TD and I are previously engaged for that weekend.

I just returned from 5 days with the TD at Lassen. The most beautiful country I've ever seen.

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:19 am

Look Out Trout!!!... The Fogcrawler Cometh.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Beautiful Weekend

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:30 am

8) Thanks to the JS organizers who picked this fabulous spot. The camp is located between two working ranches with miles of green meadows, trees, a private lake and Hat Creek adjacent to it. It was quiet and peaceful, the weather in the low 80's was perfect. There will be a fishy video up soon as there were some BIG ones caught on site. A good time was had by all, and Sharon's trailer made its debut with flying colors. Thank you, Kay & Grant, and those in attendance who made it such an enjoyable tiime.

TDN :R

PS to Grant....while returning through Burney, we spotted a teardrop that was your making!
when we pulled in to gas up we introduced ourselves to......it's a small world-

Clyde & Barbara who were returning to Fall River from a family reunion.
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:54 pm

The Hat Creek Hereford Ranch gathering was wonderful! Kay and Grant worked hard to see that everyone had a good time and, hopefully, they are resting up from it all. The 'Ranch' was very pleasant, even though I never saw anything but Black Angus...no Herefords...and no cow manure smell! ...Lots of fun!!!! Thanks to all who participated and especially to Kay and Grant. :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby grant whipp » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Here are the pics that Kay & I took over the weekend, plus some shots of our short trip through Lassen Volcanic National Park ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/kayperkay/HatCreekHerefordRanchSept15182011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

It was, indeed, a Great! weekend, and a wonderful venue to wrap up the Jefferson State Chapters' season ... :thumbsup: ... (although, we're not done camping, yet ... ;) ...)! Didn't get much time to rest, as we got home to a minor "situation" that needed our attention, and then we worked on the new TD Monday evening.

Joanie ... that would have been Clyde Dragoo from the McArthur area ... his little Campster8 is Li'l Bear #35, and he usually pulls it with his '33 Plymouth street rod.

Sharon ... it was really great to finally see the MyAway finished, out of the garage, and out in "the wild" where it and you belong ... :thumbsup: ...! Glad you had a wonderful time ... looking forward to seeing you at many, many more campouts!

Take care, Everyone ... we'll catch y'All later ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby rmclarke » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Grant,
Thanks for the great pics!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like you guys had an awesome time and the setting is beautiful. Wish we could have been there :cry: .....oh, well, maybe next time.
"When a hammer is the only tool you own, every problem begins to look like a nail..."

ImageFrom this: Image to this: Image Finally!!
rmclarke
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Grant wrote:

Sharon ... it was really great to finally see the MyAway finished, out of the garage, and out in "the wild" where it and you belong ...

Are you saying I'm wild?! :rofl2:

Thanks, Grant. You and Kay "dun good"! ;)

PS. I waited to see your pictures, figuring they'd be better than mine. You didn't disappoint us. ...Beautiful pictures and a very nice video! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Dave A » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I had to miss it.
Dave A
500 Club

Postby grant whipp » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:37 am

Dave A wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I had to miss it.

Welllll .... YOU were missed ... :( :( :( ...
(don't let it happen again ... ;) ...)
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby traveler » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 am

Fantistic pictures and wish I could have been there, maybe next time. :thumbsup:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Return to Jefferson State