19th Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 3-6, 2012

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: 19th Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 3-6, 2012

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 am

Our group will be there and I doubt that any of us have registered. Sheila and I may be the first ones there this year. We are planning on arriving on Monday!!!

Keith
Keith
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey, Keith!

Was wondering when we'd be hearing from you guys ... ;) ...! (John & Lane are already registered) Glad to hear you'll be making it again! Charlie & Izzy Brooks will be there Sunday ... we'll be coming in on Tuesday ... and I think there'll be a few more early arrivers, too.

Looking forward to seeing you all again, so be safe! As always, my Friends ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby DragonFire » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:07 am

Any updates on the Shasta Caverns side trip? Got relatives in Redding that I will have to run over and visit...thinking Friday sometime..don't want to miss any camping fun....

Looking forward to meeting everyone..this is going to be a blast!!
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:40 am

I'm so bummed that I am not going to make it after all, and not meeting the Dang Gang. :cry:
But, IRG, here I come! :thumbsup:
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 am

DragonFire wrote:Any updates on the Shasta Caverns side trip? Got relatives in Redding that I will have to run over and visit...thinking Friday sometime..don't want to miss any camping fun....

At this time, there are only about half-a-dozen folks who've said they'd like to see the caverns as a group, so not enough for the group discount. It's a lot of fun to see 'em with a bunch of friends (old & new), so if you want to get together with them, that'll be cool :thumbsup: ...! If you are already here and you have the time, Lake Shasta Caverns is a sight not to miss! And, as I've said before, the boat ride across the lake and the bus ride up & then down the mountain are almost worth the price of admission!

Be safe, and we'll see you next week!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby grant whipp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am

Here's just a quick update for those who have not Registered but are still planning on coming out to join us (you can still pre-Register, BTW, but the T-shirt order went in a long time ago!):

It is now confirmed that Mary VanDuzen will be in attendance with her spectacular hand-made pottery (mugs, bowls, plates, and even cookie jars) with engraving commemorating this year's Dam Gathering! You may just want to start (or add to) your collection!

In the past few years, we've had quiet participation in a sort of Teardrop/Camping/Crafts-related "swap meet / flea market" where folks put out items they bring on a table at their campsite and campers who are interested peruse the items for possible purchase. We're going to "step it up a bit" and be a little more encouraging for this kind of activity, so if you've got any left-over, surplus, dust-collecting items, or if you are a crafter with a unique product, please bring them out and share them with your fellow Teardroppers and Camping Enthusiasts!

Sure looking forward to seeing everyone in a week!

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby campmaster-k » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:57 pm

I will be bringing Coleman stuff to trade and barter. So If anybody is into that bring your stuff. I have stoves to give up. Dont worry Doug yours are safe. And would like to pickup lanterns.

Not just white gas, I am into the Profane as they call it.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby DragonFire » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Lemme think about this...I have some trailery stuff that I could bring...not sure I'll have much, but I'll round up something just to help get the ball rolling...I've got lots of vintage stuff to sell, but I'll check to see what is teardrop worthy.
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Just spent two weeks living in the teardrop at Hat Creek during a shutdown at Burney Forest Power... Looking so forward to seeing everyone again. Three days of work here on the coast, then off to the Dam... See you guys on Thursday!!!
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby DragonFire » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:53 pm

hey guys...over in vintage camping equipment we were talking about the Dam...is there ice available at the campground? Doug says there is a store nearby...
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:30 pm

DragonFire wrote:...is there ice available at the campground? Doug says there is a store nearby...

I seem to remember Marty (the CG owner) coming around occasionally with ice on his golf cart, but there's a Shell Station/Mini-Mart/Subway Sandwich store about 1.5 miles from the CG, right at the freeway exit, that always has ice (heck, might even be some at the marina across from the CG). Sorry, for some reason that's not something I pay too much attention to ... :? ... :D ...!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby DragonFire » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks...I'll let Kirk know. Don't know what he has up his sleeve, but it's something, and it might have to do with La Fiesta de Lee on Saturday!!
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Watching the weather What is the locals opinion looks like chance of showers Thurs Fri and Sat .. Damn we have had some weird weather this year. :rainy: :rainy:
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:19 pm

I've been keeping an eye on the extended forecast for Lakehead, Ca.
Accuweather is calling for mostly sunny with some cloudiness. I'm hoping for better weather with the realization that it could change.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:09 pm

I just watched the latest local weather report on the television. There is a small storm coming in off the ocean Wednesday night and lingering into Thursday morning/afternoon, with a possible thunder shower then before it starts to clear out. The clouds will linger into Friday morning but no rain is expected then. Friday afternoon and all day Saturday and Sunday are expected to be sunny and clear. Temperatures should be in the mid to upper 60's during the day. That's the weather forecast for about 25 miles south of Antlers/Lakehead, CA.

Weather.com says the Antlers/Lakehead area will have clouds with a few showers Thursday, Friday, and Saturday but, day-to-day, they have been fluctuating from predicting sun to predicting rain. ....So, it's probably still anybody's guess. **Right now, Weather.com is saying the chance of rain for Thursday through Saturday is at 30%.

Keeping us guessing is what Mother Nature likes to do around this time of year. The one consolation is that the weather people are not predicting heavy rain.

**...Ahem.....That means there's a 70% chance of no rain.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State