19th Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 3-6, 2012

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

19th Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 3-6, 2012

Postby grant whipp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Well, if you haven't already, it's time to start thinking about this year's Dam Gathering of the Tears! This will be our 19th edition, and our good times with Teardrops and Teardroppers just keep rollin' along!

Full information & registration form at http://www.teardrops.net/damgathering.html

Looking forward to seeing all our old friends and making many more new ones ... and always, always, always sharing & having a Dam Good Time ... :thumbsup: ...!

And, if you are into planning (or need to plan) far ahead (vacation time, funds, etc.), put the same weekend and same location on your calendar for 2013 and the 20th edition! It's gonna be a blowout celebration of 20 Great Years of livin' the lifestyle, loving' teardrop (and other tiny) trailers, gathering in the woods, seeing old friends & making new ones, and simply hanging out with the greatest people in the world!

See you there!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby traveler » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Sent my reservation in a month or so ago. :thumbsup: Will be there with whatever I can drive. :applause:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:19 pm

traveler wrote:Sent my reservation in a month or so ago. :thumbsup: Will be there with whatever I can drive. :applause:

Hiya, Bruce!

Yep ... got your Registration awhile ago! You're #2 ...Chuck King beat you to #1 by Registering for #19 as he was leaving #18 ... :R ...! Looking forward to seeing you again! Take care, and have a Happy Holiday Season!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby traveler » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Well, didn't really want to see who was first, just had the money and didn't want to spend it on something stupid, :beer: so you got it. :ok: See you there and then off to Yellowstone. :vroom:
Bruce and Ebony
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby notned » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:12 pm

I need clarification. It seems that you've made it fairly easy to just show up and register at the camp. There's plenty of room etc. Am I reading that right?
notned
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 pm

notned wrote:I need clarification. It seems that you've made it fairly easy to just show up and register at the camp. There's plenty of room etc. Am I reading that right?

You are correct, Sir ... ;) ...! Just a few extra bucks for registration for signing up at the Gathering ... only downside is that you might miss out on a T-shirt (if you are interested in that kind of thing), but then, there's usually a couple in the Dutch Raffle.

And, yes ... we have lots of room! A conservative estimate is 200 trailers easy (if we all cozy up a bit) in the two loops of the campground that we use, and there's still a loop and a half that we could have if we wanted!

Hope to see you there! As always, then ...

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby notned » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks. I'm a planner but my wife is spontaneous. $3 is cheap insurance against having a new plan pop up.

I definitely want to join you.

We spent 4 days in Dunsmuir sometime back and explored the area. We really liked it.
notned
Donating Member

Re: 19th Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 3-6, 2012

Postby Blumie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey, Grant,

What's your expected trailer count for the Dam Gathering at this point? We have to hang and open an art show here in Quincy the evening of May 4, but might have the energy to hit the road to Shasta on Saturday.

Thanks,
blumie
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Hope you do, blumie, and bring those grosbeaks! (read your facebook post and am jealous!, none here yet). Hope to meet you at the Dam and do some birding! got my new I phone Sibley app! :D
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 pm

iphone Sibley app??? I want one!! Grossbeaks?? I want to see some!!!

The Sibley guide and the binocs will be packed up for the Dam soon...looking forward to seeing everyone...and some life list birds (maybe?)
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 pm

"blumi" & All!

At this point, I'm expecting about 90 trailers, give or take ... current pre-registration is right at 60, and we typically have just under twice as many total attendees as pre-register. Really hope you can make it!

BTW ... temps were in the 90s today ... :icedtea:

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Gage » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 am

grant whipp wrote: BTW ... temps were in the 90s today ... :icedtea:

CHEERS!

Was that with or without rain? :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby martha24 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:58 am

I guess we'll have to aim for the 20th. This year I have family from out of state coming to visit on the weekend and the timing goes with a business trip, so I'll be here.

Hope to see everyone at IRG.

Today was 70 here and that suits me just fine. :R :lol:
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nevadatear » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Yea, more birders! Sibley app is coming to the Dam for sure. How's about some birding Friday morning? Anyone interested meet at Monstro 8:00 am. Yes, I know that is late for birders, but we are on vacation after all. 8) :ilovecamp: :goodnight: If you are a birder and haven't seen this, check it out. Are you rolling on the floor? then you are a birder. If you are scratching your head, then you don't know what fun you are missing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaX7i1Q7-Rw
Yup, we are really like that!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby jhb » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:20 am

Must be hot inland, the fog rolled in thick here on the coast.
Cathy is in a triathlon the weekend of the Dam gather, so I'm camping with 10,000 slightly to moderately insane people at lake San Antonio.
Won't need a bird book, the birds will be smarter than I am, they will go somewhere else.

Camped at Valley of Fire the week after Easter. Didn't need to get up to go birding, it was warm enough the first night we left both doors open, at first light I had to wiggle my hand every couple of minutes to chase the little birds out of the trailer. :)

You all have a great time and I'll see you at IRG!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to Jefferson State