19th Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 3-6, 2012

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: 19th Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 3-6, 2012

Postby GuitarPhotog » Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 pm

It was great meeting those of you I hadn't met in person and catching up with those I met at last year's Gathering.

Thanks to Grant, Kay, and all the others who put the event together and made it so much fun. Thanks to Reddiver for his great "La Tortuga Chicken Thing" and to Debbie for the great Pina Colada cake (of which I got the last piece :)

I tried to take a picture of every trailer, but I'm sure I missed a few. I'll post a notice here when I have a gallery up.

I arrived home last evening about 8PM after a detour up to Grants Pass OR on my way home and a blow out on the teardrop only 4 miles from home :cry:

But the trailer is home safe and mostly sound this AM. There was some damage to the fender but nothing like others have suffered. I thank my lucky stars that it happened on city streets at 45 MPH, not on the freeway at 60 MPH, and that it happened near home, not out on a deserted stretch of I-505.

All is well, and will be weller :) when the trailer has a spare tire, axle stand, and jack.

Best wishes to all,

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed May 09, 2012 7:31 pm

GuitarPhotog wrote:It was great meeting those of you I hadn't met in person and catching up with those I met at last year's Gathering.

Thanks to Grant, Kay, and all the others who put the event together and made it so much fun. Thanks to Reddiver for his great "La Tortuga Chicken Thing" and to Debbie for the great Pina Colada cake (of which I got the last piece :)

I tried to take a picture of every trailer, but I'm sure I missed a few. I'll post a notice here when I have a gallery up.

I arrived home last evening about 8PM after a detour up to Grants Pass OR on my way home and a blow out on the teardrop only 4 miles from home :cry:

But the trailer is home safe and mostly sound this AM. There was some damage to the fender but nothing like others have suffered. I thank my lucky stars that it happened on city streets at 45 MPH, not on the freeway at 60 MPH, and that it happened near home, not out on a deserted stretch of I-505.

All is well, and will be weller :) when the trailer has a spare tire, axle stand, and jack.

Best wishes to all,

<Chas>

It was good to meet you, Charles. Sorry that you had a blow-out. Glad you got home safe.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Reddiver » Thu May 10, 2012 10:09 am

Bummer Chas atleast you were home.That will teach not to run those 1948 tires on your 48 trailer.. By the way you lost the bet with Mel and Chuck .. I didnt pull out until 7:07 . Thanks for the good beer. :beer:
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby dano » Thu May 10, 2012 10:17 am

Chas, sorry to hear about the blow out. A least it was close to home.
Steve and Chas thanks for sharing beers and conversation. Good to meet ya both. Steve let me know when your ready to build some four strings. Dan
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Postby GuitarPhotog » Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Pictures are up! :pictures:

http://www.charleslwebster.com/2012_dam_gathering/

I tried to take pictures of every trailer, but I'm sure I missed a few. Please let me know if I misspelled your name, or mis-attributed the name or ownership of an individual trailer.

I photograph things in the studio, so I didn't shoot any of the wonderful people or great events at the gathering, just the trailers.

Enjoy

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Thu May 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks for the great pictures.
:beer:
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby dano » Thu May 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks Chas
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri May 11, 2012 2:11 am

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Chas, you da man! Great photos. Thanks.
Joanie
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby DragonFire » Fri May 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Those are awesome! Thank you so much for helping us remember the Dam and the trailers through pictures!! You even got a picture of mine!!

The Dam was the most fun I've ever had. Great people. Great food. Great trailers. Great Coleman. I could have kept on camping for a long time..I just didn't want it to end.

Thanks Grant for hosting such a fantastic Gathering...looking forward to next year. And thank you everyone who accepted me, my Mom, and my 79 Grasshopper..you are really fantastic people! I'm looking forward to camping with you all again! :thumbsup:
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Great pictures, I see alot of familiar trailers. But I always thought this event was tears only :ilovecamp:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:25 pm

emiller wrote:Great pictures, I see alot of familiar trailers. But I always thought this event was tears only :ilovecamp:

Eddie,other trailers are allowed, but they're not allowed to park with the main group.

Back of the bus kinda thing.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 am

emitter wrote:... I always thought this event was tears only :ilovecamp:

Teardrops are the focus of the Dam Gathering (it's called the Dam Gathering of the Tears after all ... ;) ...), but other trailers have always been welcome, and always with the understanding that there would be separate parking for them. We don't discriminate, but we do segregate ... for one more year, anyway ... :D ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Previous

Return to Jefferson State