Time to vie for Pamplin Grove...

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

reminder to all

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:27 pm

The Pamplin Grove website is under a temporary hold as we will be updating for the coming New Year and much of it is being constructed and set up as I type.
REMEMBER...WE WILL NOT KNOW THE DATES UNTIL AFTER TUESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 3RD, AND WILL POST THEM OFFICIALLY ON THE WEBSITE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BY THE END OF THE FIRST BUSINESS DAY BACK AFTER NEW YEAR'S DAY. (Just sayin' in capitals so y'all will notice, not cuz I am shouting it )

Also, please wait to send in the registration request until one is posted. And THANK YOU so much for enclosing your own self-addressed, stamped envelope as it saves me both time and postage money.
Dean and I know more about costs, souvenir stuff, number of folks, etc.
by the time we are done camping out over New Year's at the DPW.
ttfn,
TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: reminder to all

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:48 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:The Pamplin Grove website is under a temporary hold... and much of it is being constructed and set up as I type.

Your Baked Apple Sweeties video was being constructed and uploaded as you typed... Smokey sat on the keyboard twice during uploading and messed it up both times.
Now I'm ready to switch to the website construction for today...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Gage » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:
The Teardrop Nanny wrote:The Pamplin Grove website is under a temporary hold... and much of it is being constructed and set up as I type.

Your Baked Apple Sweeties video was being constructed and uploaded as you typed... Smokey sat on the keyboard twice during uploading and messed it up both times.
Now I'm ready to switch to the website construction for today...
So who's in line? :thinking: ............. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

no line we know of yet

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 am

:lol: ....... but we are getting gear/vehicles/food ready for camping now.
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby jhb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:11 am

If you guys have an earthquake while you are posting the reg form like last time I'll try and back you up again... :roll:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Wow!

Postby mkitchen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Camping out in the middle of winter, earthquakes, updating websites, you folks go through a lot of effort. To say the least, I am very impressed. I also want to thank all of you for the better understanding of what all is done for us who hope to attend.

After seeing the pictures of the site, I am wondering if my new solar set up is going to have much of a chance of functioning. I shall work around it one way or another. It is going to be a long drive for Mo and I but it sure sounds like it is going to be worth if. The pot luck definately got my interest, after I did not get this size by not eating.

PS How is the bicycling in the area? We have road bikes, so we would be looking for paved roads instead of trails.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby jabrobbins » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Mikey,

In regards to road biking, there are a lot of good rides in the area. However, I would recommend driving to a good starting point. Pamplin Grove is located along Highway 36 which is narrow and curvy. As an experienced rider I can recommend several rides. I may even plan a ride if there is enough interest. For good rides check out http://northcoastbikerides.blogspot.com/

For solar power, you might try to get a camping spot near the meadow area if they allow camping there. If you are deep in the redwoods you will be out of direct sunlight.
jabrobbins
Eureka, CA
jabrobbins
Teardrop Builder

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Your solar will work great in the meadow and if you cyclists really want a ride to remember... The Tour of the Unknown Coast course, a natural 100 mile loop that starts and finishes in Ferndale is close by. It has been touted as California's Toughest Century... My personal best time was 6hrs in '92.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Gage wrote:So who's in line? :thinking:

The invisible campers... :shock:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby jhb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Mikey, my solar powered Engel refer worked great in the meadow, camping on the NE side up next to the trees you have a good 7+ hours of sun. Get there early if you can, lots of folks are liking the meadow now, even though I'm out there... (there, I've teed it up, who's going to hit it?) :lol: :twisted:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:39 am

So tell me Dean. Where are you going to put the 'Sisters on the Fly' that are caravanning from AZ? Rumor has it there is a bunch coming. They all have standies. :o

Just one that may come.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Day 1

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:29 am

We are ready to commence our camping countdown......mild morning temps with light rain. Dean and I laid out our strategy this early a.m. and scoped out the place. Not able to reveal anymore at this time as we don't want this info to land in our competition's "lap"top.

Found out 2 days ago that the prices to rent the grove ( for what we call the premium package weekend ) had increased yet again. Our goal will be to register 100 vehicles (rig & tow combo). We've figured the cost out now and it is currently slated to be $50.00 per vehicle registration, not to exceed maximum occupancy of 250 people total attendance. The cost is set all the same for this event regardless of how many nights you actually stay and camp. This means that you pay the cost for the IRG EVENT and you can come camp for up to 5 days/4 nights (checking in as early as Thursday a.m.) camping through Monday check-out for the cost of $50.

Includes continental breakfast daily, deep pit meat dinner, and PLENTY of food .... :lol: :lol: :lol: For those of you who have attended before you know that the food alone is worth the cost!! ha ha!! ha!
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Phooey » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

I have already put my employer on notice that I will be taking a week off in July and will give her the dates next week. If I don't get the time off I will quit. I've been looking for an excuse to retire anyways. Either way, make my day! Looking forward to seeing everyone in July.

:ilovecamp:
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:26 pm

You wouldn't be the first person to quit work so that you can go to a gathering.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Maureenm » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Thanks for posting the price. I'm trying to budget out for January and that really helps me out. Sounds like a bargain! The family trip at the very beginning of July has a 6 month reservation situation, so I need to be paying for that at the same time. Stay warm and dry. And thank you, again!
Maureenm
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State