Jefferson State TearJerkers' Birthday Bash, June 7-11, 2012

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Jefferson State TearJerkers' Birthday Bash, June 7-11, 2012

Postby grant whipp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Just finalized the details on this one! Since it's going to be one of only two Jefferson State Chapter Gatherings this year, we wanted to have it some place special!

June 7-11, 2012 Grants Pass, OREGON
Jefferson State Chapter of TearJerkers Birthday Bash 2012, celebrating 15 years of TearJerkers and several Members' birthdays, at the Riverpark RV Resort on the beautiful banks of the Rogue River near Grants Pass, OR, planning for sites 9-15 (riverfront) and D-K (opposite the riverfront sites with great views of the river), we've reserved #11; Group rates are $36/nite Riverfront, $30/nite non-Riverfront, all sites have full hook-ups, free WiFi, and 72 channels of cable TV; super clean restrooms & showers; call 541-479-0046 ASAP to reserve your spot as this park fills up fast, and don't forget to mention that you're with TearJerkers to get the group rate; Park website is http://riverparkrvresort.com/ Lots to see & do in the area including world-famous whitewater jet-boat rides, and fabulous fishing right there from the park (you can almost cast from your teardrop!). Please e-mail Kay to let her know you are coming and/or for further details: [email protected]
Last edited by grant whipp on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: Jefferson State TearJerkers' Birthday Bash, June 7-11, 2

Postby traveler » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Ebony and I will be there. Sounds like a great place. Hope to see you there. :D
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby byrdz1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:47 pm

I am so there! :beer:
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby byrdz1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:49 pm

The park says that there are a lot of us, sounds fun, I have not met many Jefferson Stater's yet, and I am looking forward to it!
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby traveler » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Kay's email address is wrong again. You told me it was an "MSN" and not "MAN. People will not be able to contact her unless they already know it. See you at the dam. :D
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks, Bruce! Fixed it!
Sure looks like there'll be a bunch of us there! Man, what a weekend we've got planned ... lots of food, friends, road-trip to Crater Lake on Saturday (free park admission that day!), whitewater jetboat ride on Sunday, birthday cakes & celebrations ... Jefferson State so rocks!
See you there!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby traveler » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 pm

You got it my friend. Will be there early to help Marty clean the place up for us routy bunch. HA HA :lol:
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:41 am

As of right now, all available sites have been reserved ... :thumbsup: ... but if you are still thinking of coming out for this one, c'mon in ... we'll make room (we can double up, and each site is more than adequate for that) ...! Looking forward to seeing you there!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Martinjmpr » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Just wondering, are there any 'planned events?' like a group pot luck dinner? Liz and I will be bringing some food we'd love to share with the group!

Sadly, our puppy will not be joining us, we just decided that it wasn't as much fun for her to ride in the car for hours at a time as it was for us to have her around so she'll be at home wiht grandma (a/k/a my mother.)

Still, we are super-excited to be going! This will be our first Teardrop gathering!

Martin and Liz
Martin and Liz and our new T@B Clamshell "Livia"

Our old Teardrop "bubbles"
Bubbles version 2.0 build thread!

Our Facebook group:
Colorado Teardroppers and Tiny Trailers Camping Group (FB)

States we've visited with Bubbles and Livia: Image
Martinjmpr
Teardrop Master

Postby atomaker » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:07 am

We decided that camping with the Tearjerkers was more fun than going to the coast, so we donated our cabin reservations to a family who otherwise wouldn't have had a chance to go. :thumbsup:
Cindy and I will be there Friday after work. CAN'T WAIT! :beer:
Completed? first teardrop July 2010, 4X8 Cubby.
atomaker
Gold Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 am

Martinjmpr wrote:Just wondering, are there any 'planned events?' like a group pot luck dinner? Liz and I will be bringing some food we'd love to share with the group! ... This will be our first Teardrop gathering!

Martin and Liz

Hi, Martin & Liz!

We usually do a group potluck Friday & Saturday nights, but Kay is known for coming up with other interesting activities, as well! Since Saturday is FREE National Parks Day, we'll probably go out to the Oregon Caves in nearby Cave Junction (Crater Lake is also somewhat close, but to do it justice, you really need more than one day).

Looking forward to meeting you and checking out "Bubbles" ... ;) ...! Be safe, and we'll see you in a couple of days or so!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 am

And what a potluck it was!!! Plenty of good food and good company. Joanie and I shot a video of what we fixed for the Sat. dinner, Tacos de Lengua (Tongue Tacos), and it will be on youTube sometime soon. Nice weather on Saturday allowed for us to visit and cook with our Tearjerker Friends. Thanks to Co-Directors Kay & Grant for setting up this 15th Anniversary/Birthday Bash. Joanie gives a big thumbs up to the Lemon Birthday Cake. Dean & Joanie
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 am

And what a potluck it was!!! Plenty of good food and good company. Joanie and I shot a video of what we fixed for the Sat. dinner, Tacos de Lengua (Tongue Tacos), and it will be on youTube sometime soon. Nice weather on Saturday allowed for us to visit and cook with our Tearjerker Friends. Thanks to Co-Directors Kay & Grant for setting up this 15th Anniversary/Birthday Bash. Joanie gives a big thumbs up to the Lemon Birthday Cake. Dean & Joanie
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby mvperini » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 pm

we fixed for the Sat. dinner, Tacos de Lengua (Tongue Tacos),

great time, great food and great friends. loved the tacos, best dam cow tongue i have had in years :lol:

..... took me 6 hrs to drive down to the gathering decided that was to long . only took 4 hrs to drive home 245 miles set the cruise at 70 mph

Mike and Zellie

1947 Kenskill teardrop kamper 4X10>
1951 Boles Areo 16ft Canned Ham>
1956 Roadmaster 20ft> Restored
1959 airstream 18ft restoration complete
1953 Pontiac house car
mvperini
500 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 pm

:shock: :shock: Wow, Mike!! You flew home, but then that vehicle is one sweet ride so I know why you did it!! :R

Great time is right....I got your rib plate, MVP.
And Guy, thanks for the blueberries I snacked on that were in your galley.
And Kay, for the awesome lemon cake.
And Todd B., who had an innovative idea 15 years ago, a toast, and hats off to you. :wine:
Happy trails to you,
Joanie
TDN :FNP
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Next

Return to Jefferson State