IRG NEWBIE

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: IRG NEWBIE

Postby asianflava » Sat May 12, 2012 4:10 pm

There are 2 methods to this madness: Either you dump all your tickets into something you really want or you just split all your tickets equally among the items.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby nevadatear » Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm

so the raffle is the same as the Dam gathering.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon May 14, 2012 4:03 am

:D Yes, the Dam Gathering changed their raffle drawing technique after they saw how ours worked cuz with the other method people were being drawn for things they didn't always want. Now you can pick and choose what you would like a chance to win.
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

IRG NEWBIE

Postby mrsanderson » Mon May 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Joanie...as a rookie IRGer...is there a place for us to find out the skinny on these traditions and activities?
5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics
mrsanderson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jhb » Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Hover your mouse over TD Friendly Websites at the top of this page and click Pamplingrove :thumbsup:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 am

THERE SURE IS A NICHE FOR ALL OF THIS. CLICK ON THE 4.0 SYMBOL FOR A DIRECT :thumbsup: CONNECTION TO OUR WEBSITE WHERE YOU WILL FIND VIDEOS, ARCHIVES, CURRENT FORUM, ROSTER, AND MUCH MORE.
YOU WILL ALSO BE RECEIVING YOUR SASE BACK IN THE LATE SPRING WITH INFO GALORE. IF YOU DID NOT SEND A SASE TO ME, IT MIGHT TAKE A BIT LONGER TO ARRIVE.
JOANIE
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

IRG NEWBIE

Postby nevadatear » Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 am

I didn't know about the Sade info, so I didn't send one. Can it be emailed if I my email
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 pm

:R Not to worry if you did not read the request for a SASE on the reg. form. Your Nanny will take care of it for you.

Today, my class and I had an AWESOME day at Pamplin Grove!!! 8)
We are the first group of the year and we opened up the grove.
The park rangers led my class in activities, followed by our group activities and then a potluck lunch. The sun came out right about 11:30, just in time for lunch and an afternoon of play in the meadow.

One BIG change......an incredibly LARGE fir was downed by the heavy winds during the winter and is currently in the road path of the lower loop level. The rangers expect to have it bucked and removed by early summer (IT IS MASSIVE) so there is currently a lot of tree debris and some giant wood cookies lying in 2-3 campsites.

Otherwise, the grove looks beautiful and the rangers will do their best to clear out the massive tree.

More later......ttfn
TDN
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Dean and I scouted out the grove and stayed overnight there in the TD. Have some tentative plans and will be giving an update soon.
TDN
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby DragonFire » Mon May 28, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm also new to the IRG...not sure where to camp, don't want to step on toes. Some of you met me at the Dam...if you are good with the Grasshopper near you , let me know. I'm quiet, no pets. My mother may or may not come up with me..so it could just be me and my 'hopper. Just don't want to step on toes...I see there are definitely subgroups in the mix and don't want to crash someone's party!! :D
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

IRG NEWBIE

Postby nevadatear » Mon May 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Hey we would be happy to camp with you! Maybe see the elusive pleated?
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon May 28, 2012 10:14 pm

8) Mix it up, it's all good to do. There are no officially reserved spots, (except for the Road Titan which gets to be the registration Teardrop hub), but there are definitely some preferred spots, but again NO RESERVED spots as this is FESTIVAL STYLE camping. If you read the conditions of use for Pamplin Grove on our website, it will tell you the details we are obliged to follow. The exception for our group is that they will allow teardrops/and tow vehicle on the meadow area if we are good stewards of the area.

Festival style camping means that there are some established sites with a picnic table and fire pit that are shared. If you have a small table that you use when camping, collapsable/foldable, you could bring that as the large picnic tables don't move at most sites. The meadow area is an open area with some table/fire pits at the perimeter, along with the horseshoe pits. If you have not camped at the IRG before, we will have some people to assist you with choosing your site. Sun or shade 8) is a big question.

The woods are fully canopied and don't get much direct sunlight. There is an area in the middle of the meadow where you can charge solar lights/batteries. The forest area doesn't need a sun shade/pop up, but if you cover it over your teardrop it can prevent tree debris from nestling on top of the tear, but otherwise you need to be prudent in how you set up your EZ-up so lines don't stick out far and become toe trippers. It is important to keep your site contained and NOT SPRAWL, as folks can't navigate around easily when things get spread out or access areas are blocked.

We have approximately the same number of vehicles and teardrops/trailers as the last time. Just ask about cozying up to another teardropper and see how much room is really available. The set camp sites can accomodate many more tears, but you will be sharing a fire pit, and may want an area for eating beside your trailer/galley. From what I recall, folks have changed around, according to their physical needs and the placement of fallen trees or downed ones. And you are almost always welcome to visit the campfires that glow in the evenings, especially if there is an empty chair. This is a GREAT group of people, and we have always welcomed responsible diversity.
Joanie :R
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby DragonFire » Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Since we are approaching the event, I'll review the info on your site again..I do have a cantilever table and a separate one I didn't take out at the Dam..I have the 'fake fire'...and really don't need an EZ up since there is shade to escape to..

It's just that this has been such a special event with the same people returning year after year..I don't want to step on toes. I don't want to push the Grasshopper into a spot where someone 'always' camps and make enemies right off the bat..

And yes, I am hoping to see the Pileated Woodpecker. I'm assuming that would be prime habitat.

I also want to bring my 2 foldable hammocks..even if they go in a common area or a nook in the trees..I think the weight limit is 250 lbs so most anyone is welcome to hop in one and relax for a bit....

Really looking forward to it. I love the redwoods. Haven't camped in redwoods since the early 90's at Samuel P. Taylor park..reminds me of when I was a kid and we camped at Patrick's Point...
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby jdarkoregon » Tue May 29, 2012 1:26 am

Dragonfire,

Come step on our toes all you want, its been a few years since we attended BUT we're into meeting new people and catching up with people whom we have known. When you get there, find a spot you think you can spend a few days at and just have a good time. The people who appear next to you will be fun and most likely great cooks. Share your stories and don't worry about stepping on toes, You'll have a good time, just like you did at the Dam.

John & Mona
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby mdvaden » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 am

jhb wrote:
Other than the people, the special thing about the place is the Redwoods, and being just next to them or under them the whole time. When I drove in two years ago, Cathy and I had been camping for three weeks in coastal to central Oregon (lots of trees that seemed big), but while coming in from the east, I drove into the first redwood stand and released that all they have in Oregon (and any where else in the world) are shrubs.

Hee ... hee ...

Oregon has the tallest Douglas fir in the world, and more. Also, it's world record pines west of Grants Pass are taller than every single redwood in Muir Woods near San Francisco.

No tree quite a fat as the redwoods of northern CA, but it has patches of nice old growth near Brookings.

Way up north in Oregon near Cannon Beach, I would hesitate to call the Spruce tree below a shrub. In fact, it's wider than any I've seen in the far north coast redwood parks. This is not Oregon's largest spruce either.

Also ...

Washington is no slouch either when it comes to some prime tree locations.

A western redcedar in Washington ...

mdvaden
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State