IRG Waffle Dog Demo & Patch Ins

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

IRG Waffle Dog Demo & Patch Ins

Postby danlott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm

I was wondering what we need to bring for the waffle dog demo and patch in? What type of meat and breading? I finally got a waffle dog maker, so I will be sure to bring that.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Re: IRG Waffle Dog Demo & Patch Ins

Postby mvperini » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:18 pm

waffle dog sticks?
If any body needs some waffle dog sticks, i have plenty of them to share

Mike

1947 Kenskill teardrop kamper 4X10>
1951 Boles Areo 16ft Canned Ham>
1956 Roadmaster 20ft> Restored
1959 airstream 18ft restoration complete
1953 Pontiac house car
mvperini
500 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Yes, Dan! You are able to fix whatever type of waffle dog you like. You will be patching in at the IRG. See you Friday morning, bring your iron, mix, and fixings to the cookshack and cook uP :twisted: some of them dogs! Thanks.
Joanie
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm

I am pleased to announce a number of new patches for IRG A.W.D.A. were given out on Friday. A number of folks enjoyed sampling the variety of recipes our awesome WDers cooked up. I am sure there will be some photos up soon of the event and A.W.D.A. President emeritus J.D. Hodder has officially sanctioned the event.

The winner of the Waffle Dog iron ( in its original box ) goes to ..............................Barbara and Audrey B.
Mike P. sponsored a Teardrop Scavenger Hunt where the person with the most signatures validated would be a winner. Congrats to newbie BB for getting an honorary patch in. We will soon get a chance to taste WD off of this iron.
** Runner ups were Phyllis G. (adult category) and Katie S. in the under 12. WAY TO GO!!! :applause:
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby DragonFire » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Thank you everyone for signing the slip and talking to us...it was great to meet so many teardroppers...and so many people who weren't at the Dam Gathering!

Thank you Mike and Zellie for holding the contest!!

I will be making waffle dogs on Friday..gotta get the hang of it before my next gathering. I bought some sausage that sounds extra tasty and need to get "something" for batter to match..hopefully it will be good enough to share with friends!!

Thanks to Maureen for her secret tips on turning out prime waffle dogs. I'll be hitting the store to pick up the super secret supplies on Friday!

Thank you to President Hodder of the AWDA for the honorary patch. I need to find a worthy place to stick it....I mean, something cool to sew it on to.

And most of all, thanks to Joanie and Dean..without all your hard work none of this would have ever happened. Looking forward to going to the IRG again in 2 years!
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:20 am

I want to try one of your Waffledogs, soon! I will try it out at :MLAS, okay? :whistle: Time for another patch in!

TDN
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby byrdz1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Maureen made waffle dogs for us last weekend @ the Summer Daze campout. That girl can really make a waffle dog! :angel:
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks! Only 3 weeks until the next batch! Yum, maybe we'll get around to making some dessert ones,too! :shock:
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Joanie..it sounds like I might get to see you "somewhere" along the trail then!!!

I should attempt to cook WDs on my 502, unless everyone wants to come over to my camp so I can cook on my stove (yes..I do cook on my propane *gasp!* stove that is in my galley..original to my 79 Grasshopper, thank you!)

I think I might be eating WD for dinner tomorrow night..and the next..just to get some practice in...

See you guys "somewhere" soon!!
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks, Barbara!
Surprise gifts are fun. Dean gave me the batter container today. Great! I pulled out the wd mix from camping box, so I will have to make up some batter and try it out NEXT weekend. :R I feel a " patch in coming on " ......... :campfire:

TDN :shhh:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Return to Jefferson State