Coolers

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Coolers

Postby tjx » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 am

At IRG we talked with someone camped in the meadow about their cooler. It wasn't a Yeti but something similiar.
Anyone know what kind it would have been? I'll know if I hear the name of it. :thinking:
tjx
Teardrop Master

Re: Coolers

Postby Mud_Bug » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:46 am

K2?
Mud_Bug
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Phooey » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:51 am

Galaxy / Canyon Cooler?
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby tjx » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:13 pm

thanks. do you guys own either of these? Looking for some feedback on the products.
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Phooey » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:17 pm

We have a Galaxy now known as Canyon Cooler. Kind of pricey but works like a champ. Took it up to the IRG and then camping in the El Dorado Forest several times and unless it is over 90 degrees it keeps things cold and still has ice to spare after 5 days. I have to be careful that if I put the meat towards the bottom it may still be frozen stiff after 3 days when I plan to use it for dinner. The only problem is that the cooler we got is a little on the large side and once you get it packed with ice and food it takes two people to get it into the car/truck.

:) :)
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby Mud_Bug » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 pm

I have a K2 cooler right now. July 4th weekend we took it on a weekend mud ride in my Polaris rzr. It stayed in the back all day and night with no cover. Thursday I filled it with our beverages and ice. ALL DAY Friday it was in direct sunlight until 11pm when we returned from riding that day. Saturday morning I added 1/2 of a 8lb bag of ice that lasted us until Sunday afternoon.....again all day and night Saturday until our return to camp around 3am.
I have stood on this cooler, it's fallen out of my trailer on the interstate, and its held up my 4wheeler while changing tires. I definitely WILL buy another of this brand.
Mud_Bug
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Jefferson State