The 20th Dam Gathering of the tears, May 1-5, 2013 ...!

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

The 20th Dam Gathering of the tears, May 1-5, 2013 ...!

Postby grant whipp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 pm

O.K., Folks! We know a lot of you have been eagerly awaiting the announcement that Registration is open for the 20th Dam Gathering of the Tears, and here it is! I could take up a lot of space, here, telling you about all the things that will be happening during this special event, but it'd be easier if you just went to the websites and checked it all out, there! Suffice it to say, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime event with l-o-t-s going on over the 5-day span (yes, FIVE days!).

Please head on over to http://www.teardrops.net/damgathering.html and our new "total deal" website at http://damgatheringofthetears.weebly.com/ . Both sites have links to the Registration Page, and both are still being worked on, so please be patient ... the Weebly site will be in almost constant flux as we nail down and finalize all the things we're working on along with anything new that comes up, so check back there often!

Right out of the gate, though, we're having a coloring contest to see who can come up with the best/most-interesting/most-eye-appealing color rendition of ONE of this year's artwork! The "rules" are on the website. And, yes, you read it right ... this year's T-shirts will have full-color artwork on both the front and back!

A real special bit of "action" this year will be the Five Wide Club's build of a teardrop, from start to finish, right there in the campground next to their campsite! Don't think it can be done? A of of us know these guys well, and when they set their minds & hands to do something, little-if-anything can stand in their way, so believe me when I tell you it's going to happen ... and come see for yourselves!

You might also take note of the fact that there will be TWO Grand Prizes during the Dutch Raffle on Saturday night: a partial kit of a Benroy-style teardrop from Li'll Bear Tag-Alongs, and Roly Nelson's famous 3X3 fold-out/expando/levitating teardrop!

So, come on over, sign up & get registered, then head on out to Lakehead, CA, May 1-5, 2013, for an especially Dam Good Time with especially Dam Good People who are especially enthusiastic about Dam Fine Teardrops!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: The 20th Dam Gathering of the tears, May 1-5, 2013 ...!

Postby Rhino Ray » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:45 pm

I'm planning on going.
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby Rhino Ray » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 am

The form made me say I was bringing one child. I will if I have to but I'd rather not. Lol
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 am

Rhino Ray wrote:The form made me say I was bringing one child. I will if I have to but I'd rather not. Lol

"Bugz", Ray ... gotta love 'em ... :? ...!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby GuitarPhotog » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:23 am

I put down "many" for children so I could register. I hope I don't have any :lol:

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:48 am

:D :D Yep! Yep! Yep! Kudos to you and KK for putting together such a GREAT Let's puuuuuuut on that SHOW!! 20th BASH!!
The website(s) FABULOUS and your organization is to be commended.
You know where I want to be.........I will see you before May, O Kay * :lol:
Joanie

PS Are Dean & I still on that "Dam! Committee?!?? Have Cast Iron....will travel. :R TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby jonw » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:52 am

Planning on coming from Mass.
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:13 am

jonw wrote:Planning on coming from Mass.

WOW! All the way from MA ... :shock: ...? We'll be honored!

Looking forward to meeting you, Jon! Have Safe & Happy Trails!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby nevadatear » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:55 am

So do Steve and i have to judge this year or do we vet to cook? We love our cast iron cookie. No cake this year though!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:53 pm

The Road Foamie will certainly hope to be there. Since it's now garaged for the winter, and unlikely to be out before May 1st, this will make it trip #2. It kinda depends on my wife and her master's program. She's working on a paper now so I can't even bother her to ask at this moment, so we'll look at the calendar when she's more "receptive". 8) :lol: :D 8) Keep your fingers crossed!! Look forward to meeting some of the great people who contribute to this site.. Hope to see you there!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby skline25 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:14 pm

:worship: Hoping to make it down this year, still have not built my tear, may be camping in a tent or the camper on the other loop.
skline25
Teardrop Inspector

Postby doug hodder » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:30 pm

For those of you that haven't attended a Dam gathering in the past.....well, you just gotta! It's certainly one of the premier gatherings for people, trailers and entertainment! It's like the first thing of the year out West, so there are plenty of eager campers out for their first trip of the year and lots of newbies bringing out their new projects on their maiden voyages. No trailer, no problem...you're still welcome to "soft side" it...(in a tent) and pick up on all the tips/techniques/ ideas for your build. I think that last year we had the largest group of "first timers" at the Dam that there ever has been.

There are hook up's if needed, festival type camping, and remote places depending on your desire. The campground staff is always nice and helpful to this group. They don't mind if you cram 3 trailers into 1 spot...which is what I usually do.
Grant throws a good party.....don't miss it. Most of us that have been in the past know many of the attendees so it's like a homecoming of good friends. My closest camping buddies were found here! Hope to see you all at the Dam this year! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby grant whipp » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks! for the kind words, Doug!

And yes ... the staff at Antlers are very nice, very helpful, and ... very tolerant ... :D ...! There's a reason it been the home of the Dam Gathering for, let's see, this will make it 17 years! Gotta love 'em!

Looking forward to seeing you in May ... if not sooner!

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby desertmoose » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Kat and I were filling the registration form out and hit a snag.... We do not do PayPal.... :frightened:

What's an alternate method of payment?

(looking forward to four nights of fun....) :campfire:

Sam and Kat
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am

desertmoose wrote:Kat and I were filling the registration form out and hit a snag.... We do not do PayPal.... :frightened:

What's an alternate method of payment?

(looking forward to four nights of fun....) :campfire:

Sam and Kat

Hi, Sam & Kat!

At/near the bottom of the Registration Page it says "NOTE! - Print the form here EZ Print Form ..." ... simply click where it says EZ Print, print out and fill out the form and send with check or money-order.

Like we said a bit earlier, we're still working on both sites, and my Webmaster hasn't yet had a chance to change the text on that note ... it will eventually say "NOTE: For those wishing to pay with check or money-order, please click & print the EZ Print Form, fill out and mail to the address at the bottom of the page."

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting lots of new friends! As always, ...

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Next

Return to Jefferson State