IRG reservation coming up

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

IRG reservation coming up

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 pm

If Dean and Joanie had had to sit out and wait for a chance to get reservation in for July they in the past needed to sit in line and camp out. And if they had this is what the weather would have been like
http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/CA/Eureka

But as of last year they now have to have a number to call ...... but still talk to a real person 8)

So Dean get that number in your phone or record the sound so you can dial it as fast ..... as fast as Joanie can dial.
In fact maybe you should have a dial it up party several folks pull out their cell and as one gets a bizzy signal the nexst starts to hit redial .....

If I read that right Jan 2 is the day. so no hard drinking any apple cider the night before. Take your Vitamins keep in shape and don't get sick!! keep those fingers nimble! :thumbsup: and keep them warm :chicken:
you can not do it on the net just yet so just toss the computer :throw PC: or a don't we will never know when it is ..... :oops:

Ron Dickey
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: IRG reservation coming up

Postby SmokeyBear12 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:41 pm

I was sort of able to read through lack of grammar and mis-spellings and I think I've got the gist of what you are saying. But since I'm new to this forum and not sure...

Are you saying that for the IRG for 2014 one must, on 1/2/14, call a certain # and make a reservation or forget about it because that will be the only opportunity? :shock:
SmokeyBear12
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dguff » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:29 pm

SmokeyBear12 wrote:I was sort of able to read through lack of grammar and mis-spellings and I think I've got the gist of what you are saying. But since I'm new to this forum and not sure...

Are you saying that for the IRG for 2014 one must, on 1/2/14, call a certain # and make a reservation or forget about it because that will be the only opportunity? :shock:

No, not at all. I agree that it was very confusing and probably gave the wrong impression. In prior years Dean and Joanie (and others) camped out at the Humboldt County public works office to be personally among the first in line when the office opened after New Years. You basically had to be there to reserve time at Pamplin Grove ( a Humboldt County facility) for the next summer. This year the process has been changed so that Dean/Joanie can call the county office starting the first working day after New Years and reserve the facility over the phone. After the reservation has been made they will post the dates for the next IRG and then those who want to attend can start contacting them. There is a county limit on how many people can use the grove at one time so you will need to make your personal camping reservation with the IRG hosts pretty quickly after the dates are announced. It is always well publicized on this forum so just be on the lookout for a posting from Dean/Joanie (Teardrop Nanny) about IRG 5.0 after Jan 1. Hope this clears it up some. Hope to see you there.

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby SmokeyBear12 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Thank you Jerome. That clears it up a lot! There is no way I could have gotten that from the original post. since IRG is the main reason I joined this forum, I'll definitely be watching for it. Truth be told, IRG is why I joined but I've found many other good reasons. Just in two days.
SmokeyBear12
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:53 pm

:? Yes thank you for making sense out of my entry. I was once told my spelling is like reading a Charlie Brown cartoon. I do have spell check but if it is an existing word it does not catch it. Sorry!!
Go to this site on the southwest site.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58190
I forget that there are folks who have not been there.
That reminds me I need to start sending Dean photo's of the past event, at IRG.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:47 am

Just in case there are newcomers to this forum, and wondering what IRG is all about. Here are a few photos to browse thru.

Click here for photos

Don't forget to spell check this post! I left intentional errors to keep you busy. LOL.
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Well said Cliff!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:05 am

For those of you that haven't attended a "gathering". The IRG is perhaps one of the best. I've attended a number of large ones over the years, but this one has in my opinion the best venue. It's a great opportunity to get together with a large group of fellow teardroppers, share ideas, laughs, eats, meet friends and have a great time. Dean and Joanie put on a fun "party". Don't miss out! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:20 pm

:twisted: I've been sitting by the phone for over an hour now.....waiting for the DPW Call-Back.... :worship: soon, I hope. TDN

P.S. Snoop D, thanks for the positive plug cuz YOU are one of the reasons we do this event!!
:R :lips: :yes: Just saying.....
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:30 pm

I have been sitting by my computer for the past 2 hours waiting for your news too.
We are praying for the July 17-20 date so we can plan a loop tour and take in 5 gatherings in one month?? :worship:
Our Canadian Date is riding on you!
No Pressure. :twisted:
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:00 pm

:D Just got a call back...we were the 9th (ninth) caller....and reserved the following:

JULY 2nd (Wed.) through JULY 6th (Sun.) of 2014 is the scheduled time for IRG 5.0.

We will see about an early bird check-in (July 1st) much later on in the summertime. The "official" camping begins on July 2 (Wed.) and runs through Sunday night (6th) with late check-out on Monday morning, July 7th. You will have 5 nights/6 days to camp in the Redwoods and the cost still remains $50 for the event, regardless of the number of nights you camp, 1-5. Registration fees are non-refundable, but may be transferred to another if you are unable to attend on the selected dates.

All the other dates (our choices 1-3) were taken already!! This was our 4th choice and it will be the July 4th weekend.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO UPDATE THE IRG WEB SITE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE REG. FORM UNTIL SOMETIME LATER IN THE DAY. THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION, AND PATIENCE.

XOX TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks for all your efforts Joanie! :applause: :applause:
The news is Good & Bad for us....but nothing is perfect in this world (except a snowflake|) :cry:
We will still be able to come, and plan to Register as soon as you get the Registration Form posted.
The ....circle tour...crawl.....I had hoped to plan may just have to be adjusted? An may work out better for others in the long run.
Again, THANKS! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing you and Dean May 1st......we have 4 DO's now and a waffle iron! :twisted:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby mobile camper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 pm

I hope all is well with the IRG5 web site. Haven't seen any updates on the site. Can't wait to register!
Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks for your patience.......Dean is uploading the reg. form whilst "on the road" and will probably have it completed this evening. Being behind the redwood curtain does have its drawbacks, especially on the technological edge.

Joanie
TDN :D
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby mobile camper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks for the update Joanie,
I hope you guys had a good Christmas and New Year.

Being behind the redwood curtain is an awesome curtain to be behind. Can't wait for July.

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Jefferson State