21st Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 1-4, 2014

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby grant whipp » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:47 pm

May 1-4, 2014 Lakehead, CALIFORNIA
Jefferson State Chapter TearJerkers’ 21st Dam Gathering of the Tears at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds, now an official JSC TearJerkers event, our great times with great people and great trailers (all are welcome!) just keeps rollin’ along! No registration, but you can make reservations through Antlers ( http://www.antlersrvpark.com ) or just show up (there’s plenty of room!), Pinewood Gravity Races, Potlucks & Campfires all nights, T-shirts & dash-plaques by Ray Perry (pre-order info soon), all the fun we’re known for but now without all the production ... just come on out, socialize, and have FUN! More info from [email protected] or by calling 530-242-6452

We've been talking about it for the last several years, and the formal announcement about it was made at the end of last year's event, but from now on, things will be a little different at the Dam Gatherings ... no more Registration, no more Raffles, no more awards ... no more assigned or segregated parking, no more perceived stigma about whether you should bring the teardrop or not ... in essence, no more big production! And, we made it official this summer while at the TearJerkers' CRA ... it is now a Jefferson State Chapter TearJerkers sponsored/hosted event (of course, that shouldn't be any surprise, as Kay is Director and I am Co-Diretor of the Chapter).

As a lot of you already know, we like to Potluck! ... it's when we all come together around a huge campfire for fun, fellowship, and FOOD! You'll have plenty of opportunities to share the feasts, whether it's the informal potluck on Thursday and Sunday (for those who stay over) nights, or the more organized ones on Friday & Saturday nights. Friday night's Dutch Oven Sampler focuses on a variety of dutch oven creations and accompanying dishes, and Saturday night's Campfire & Chili Cookout is all about the huge community-size over-the-fire chili pot and is potluck for accompanying dishes. If you wish to contribute to the pot, your chili must be freshly prepared or canned (please, no "hot stuff"!).

Returning this year is the Thursday Night Spirits & Sides Social, hosted by Rob & Caryn Scharf, so bring a local/regional/favorite "spirit" (wine or beer) and an appetizer and join in on the fun! Since this is a family-oriented event, non-alcholic beverages are welcome, too!

Also returning this year will be the Pinewood Teardrop Gravity Races! Participants build a car or car & trailer from Pinewood Derby kits and race them down a double-long gravity track for prizes and bragging rights, so grab a kit or two and start carving! For those really adventurous & crafty, we'll have an "Unlimited" class where almost anything that will fit on the track can run.

As previously noted, event T-shirts will be available from Ray Perry ... pre-order info will be up soon, and he'll have a limited amount available at the Gathering!

Children have always been welcomed, and encouraged (they are our next generation of Teardroppers, after all)! The campground has a nice playground, including basketball & vollyball courts, and there will be some activities just for them!

So, come on out and have a Dam Good Time! Call Antlers to make a site reservation, or just show up and share a site, 'cause there'll be lots of room! We'll look forward to seeing as many of you there as can make it! As always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: 21st Dam Gathering of the Tears, May 1-4, 2014

Postby Vedette » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Grant
After over a month of trying to talk to someone at Antlers (a lot of telephone tag and e-mails) I finally got to talk to Nicki today.
Was not surprised that most sites have already been booked.
As an event organizer for many years, I know that people have "their own" site and tend to go back to the same spot year after year.
So I took what was left that looked like a good spot. I was not until Sandi got home from work, that she said that is where you and Kay were last year????
I know there must be a method to your madness, and was wondering as to which site you had moved to.....and if there was anything I should know about site #11?
Looking forward to camping with you guys again.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PS
The site we had last year was already taken.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:50 am

Hi, Brian!

Nothing wrong with Site #11 (in fact, it might actually have an advantage over other sites if it's cold & rainy, as the vents for the laundry room driers come out close to where the trailer is usually parked ... :rainy: ...!) ... we decided to reserve Site #79 because we no longer need to be "in the thick" of things (keeping an eye on Registration and all the Raffle items and being "available" at almost any time) and 79 is BIG (can accommodate 8 trailers, easily) so we can share with lots of friends! Don't worry, you'll like #11 ... ;) ...!

See you there! As always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby traveler » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Hey Vedette, you are one of the lucky ones to have Nikki to return your call. :x I have had a call in to her for just about two months. :roll: Still haven't heard a word. :NC I finally gave up.
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey Bruce,
Don't give UP! Why don't you send them your request via the postal mail. I called today to confirm our reservations and got the answering machine, left a message for her. Also, they have a facebook page for Antler's that you might want to try.

TDN :R

IRG 5.0 July 2-6, 2014
Registration is currently open
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Rhino Ray » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Just wanted to give you an update on the T-Shirts for the Dam Gathering. The artist who has been designing the shirts for the past few years had been in the hospital but promised me that he will get the design out soon. I'll post it as soon as I can. I've seen some preliminary design proofs and it's starting to look good. it shows several old cars towing TNTTT's down a curvy road with Mt. Shasta and the dam in the background. :vroom: You might even see Sasquatch running in the area. :running man: Once it is up I will start to take orders. :frustrated:

I did check with Antlers RV Park and they said there is a good number of registrations for that week but there is still plenty of room. :ilovecamp: Call them at 800-642-6849 to reserve a spot if you haven't yet.
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby Rhino Ray » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:00 pm

The T-Shirt Logo is finally here.

Prices are the same as last year $16 or S-XL and $18 for 2XL and up. Dash plaques are $2 but if you order two or more shirts you will get one free. :thumbsup: The shirts will be waiting for you when you arrive, but if you want them sooner I will be able to ship them for cost via USPS. I will be able to make a limited number of shirts at the event but the price will increase by a few bucks.
I can take pay pal or credit cards. PM me if you want to order
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:53 am

:applause: Dam Fine looking shirt design, just right for celebrating our :wine party: (one year) :lady: :yes:
:cheerswine: 1 st anniversary !! :FNP
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Vedette » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:49 am

Good Job Ray!
So Cool......we are in! Will send you our order once we know how and where you want them to come in from??
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Rhino Ray » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Will send you our order once we know how and where you want them to come in from?

Traditionally t-shirts are delivered at the event, however I can ship them priority mail through the US Post office. The cost is about $5.50 for one shirt, $11.30 for two or more. They usually arrive in a couple of days.

I can take credit cards, PayPal, or you can send me a check. I can put the design on polo shirts or other garments but that is a bit more. PM me and I will send you my phone number if you like so we can discuss details.

Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby vwool » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Have people been getting through on the phone? I called a couple weeks ago and left a message. No return call yet. I also wrote them on Facebook. Also if we come late Friday and leave on Sunday is that still cool?
vwool
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Rhino Ray » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 am

vwool wrote:Have people been getting through on the phone? I called a couple weeks ago and left a message. No return call yet. I also wrote them on Facebook. Also if we come late Friday and leave on Sunday is that still cool?

Totally cool. :thumbsup: There will be plenty of room even without a reservation but if you want to reserve a special spot you need to call in. I called them during the day and had no problem getting through. Still plenty of time! :applause:

Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby rahtware » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:06 am

Still room for a drop in? I called a couple of times but didn't reach anyone. I guess I should mention (hope this won't get me shunned) that I have a "store-bought" teardrop. :oops: I just picked it up and am looking for gatherings so I can see how others have set up their teardrops.
Larry
Larry & Peggy
Real Airplanes Have Two Wings And Round Engines.
rahtware
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rhino Ray » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:54 am

rahtware wrote:Still room for a drop in? I called a couple of times but didn't reach anyone. I guess I should mention (hope this won't get me shunned) that I have a "store-bought" teardrop. :oops: I just picked it up and am looking for gatherings so I can see how others have set up their teardrops.
Larry

Lol. Not a problem Larry. Glad to have you. This is the off season at Antlers. Leave a message and they will call you back :) eventually. There is lots of room so there is no problem with drop-ins. If you want to reserve a special spot then reservations are highly recommended. If you want to order a shirt, please let me know. 8)

Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 pm

We were just up at Antlers on Sunday, looking things over ... it IS the off season for them and although they are officially open, it's all on a self-registration basis (we didn't see anyone or any activity the whole two hours we were there). My advice is, if you are trying (or have tried) to contact them and have not heard back, don't worry ... just show up and sign in then ... there'll be plenty of room!

Last year we had 172 trailers ... it was the big celebration for the 20th event ... and I seriously doubt we'll get anywhere close to that number this year! There is easily room at this campground for over 200 trailers, and if we all snuggled up reasonably close, nearly 300 ... so please, don't be concerned about whether or not there'll be a space for you ... there will, and you'll end up having one Dam Good Time ... :thumbsup: ...!

As always ...

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Next

Return to Jefferson State