The 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, April 30 - May 3, 2015

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

The 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, April 30 - May 3, 2015

Postby grant whipp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:30 am

22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 30 - May 3, 2015 !!!

We've just wrapped up negotiations with the NEW Management at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds, and it's all good ... :thumbsup: ...! We were anticipating a raise in the rates, but were thrilled to learn that the RV sites will remain at $15.00 per night per trailer ... and the rate for the tent sites actually went down to $11.00 per night per trailer ... :applause: ...! We will still be able to put multiple trailers on the sites that can accommodate two or more (which are most of them), so nothing has really changed, there (depending on the site, though, they may choose to put a limit on how many you can try to squeeze in ... ;) ...).

The biggest change is the best! ... the new management is actually the Antlers Resort & Marina that has always been just across the way from the campgrounds, and they are far more professional and better staffed (which means you will actually hear back from them when you call or e-mail for reservations!). AND, our fabulous campgrounds host and wrangler, Marty, will still be there to make sure things keep running smoothly and that the grounds are as clean and ready for us as they can be!

So, if you've been itching to get an early start on your 2015 camping season reservations, and want to put the Dam Gathering at-or-near the top of your list, you can start now! Details below:

April 30 thru May 3, 2015 Lakehead, CALIFORNIA
The Jefferson State Chapter of TearJerkers' 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds ... the oldest and longest-running teardrop gathering in the world! Our great times with great people and great trailers (all are welcome!) just keeps rollin’ along! No registration, but you can make reservations through Antlers (now under new management!) - [email protected] or 1-800-238-3924 - or, as always, just show up (there’s plenty of room!). Pinewood Gravity Races, Potlucks & Campfires all nights, and all the fun we’re known for ... just come on out, socialize, and have FUN! The rates are $15.00 per nite per trailer for sites with electricity & water, and $11.00 per nite per trailer for the tent sites. More info from [email protected] or by calling 530-242-6452

We're All looking forward to sharing another Dam Good Time with all our old, new, and yet-to-be-made camping friends! See ya there!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: The 22nd Dam Gathering of the Tears, April 30 - May 3, 2

Postby grant whipp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 am

Less than two months to go! We can't wait to see everybody again ... so, come on our & join us!

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby dales133 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Are you making t shirts with that logo and can us foreigners get our hands on one?
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:54 pm

At this time, Dale, it doesn't look like we'll be doing T-shirts. If that changes, I'll be sure to post it.

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby dales133 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Cool thanks grant.
Congrads and best of luck for the (semi) retirement btw :)
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:40 pm

A word from Antlers RV Park & Campground:

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!
Happy Monday Everyone! Just wanted to clear up any confusion on water levels in Shasta Lake...WE HAVE WATER!
We have LOTS of water!!! To put a few things into perspective, we currently are 74 feet from the tree line, which gives us 280+ miles of shoreline to cruise on. Already, we are sitting 30 feet higher today than this exact time last year. That means right now we have a whopping 871.5 billion gallons of water in this lake. Spread the word!

The same area, Top, last fall; Bottom, now:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Rhino Ray » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31 pm

I'm planning to be there! Looking forward to seeing you all! :thumbsup:
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Some great, late-breaking news! Ray Perry will be making up some T-shirts, mugs, dash-plaques, aprons, and even some clocks with this years Dam Gathering artwork, and bringing them to the event ... :thumbsup: ...! If you know you'd like something, let him know at [email protected] then pay him here ... or, you can take your chances with what ever he prints up ahead of time ... ;) ...!

Thanks!, Ray ... I'm sure there will be lots of folks contacting you ... :applause: ...!

(BTW ... since I've been "banned" from posting the same information in more than one topic, maybe someone else can share this info on the other appropriate sections of this Forum)

As always ...

CHEERS!
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby tony.latham » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:39 pm

S. Heisley wrote:A word from Antlers RV Park & Campground:

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!
Happy Monday Everyone! Just wanted to clear up any confusion on water levels in Shasta Lake...WE HAVE WATER!
We have LOTS of water!!! To put a few things into perspective, we currently are 74 feet from the tree line, which gives us 280+ miles of shoreline to cruise on. Already, we are sitting 30 feet higher today than this exact time last year. That means right now we have a whopping 871.5 billion gallons of water in this lake. Spread the word!

The same area, Top, last fall; Bottom, now:

Sharon:

That's GOT to be a mirage. Has to be. Google: "Desert + mirage + California" Gotta be. :thinking:

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:22 am

I was up, camping on the McCloud "arm" of Shasta Lake this weekend, a few miles below where the Dam gathering is held. ( General explanation: Shasta Lake is laid out like a hand with fingers, each "finger" being a river or major creek that feeds rain water and snow into the "palm" of the "hand". They call those fingers "arms".) It was in the 40's at night and windy and overcast most the time. But, it made for some good pictures. This one, I can thank the low water levels and overcast sky for, as it made for a mirror image on the water:

What is alarming is what can (or can't) be seen in the pictures below. Those mountains should be capped with snow and there is only some peppering:

To give you a better idea, this is the same area on Sunday, without the overcast sky:

This one, a close-up, was also taken on Sunday, when the sun was out:

So, we're okay for now; but, this summer, there could be some really bad fire storms in the mountains and hills.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Gage » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Just to let those know that want to know. Due to my detreating health, I'm not going to make it to the Dam this year. Had to cancel my res. so that means right now site #23 is open. It's got cable TV and elec. and it's close to the rest rooms.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby GuitarPhotog » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this year Gage, I enjoyed meeting and talking with you year before last (was that the last time you attended?)

Take care of yourself, best wishes

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Gage wrote:Just to let those know that want to know. Due to my detreating health, I'm not going to make it to the Dam this year. Had to cancel my res. so that means right now site #23 is open. It's got cable TV and elec. and it's close to the rest rooms.

Oh, Gage.... I'm so sorry to hear this. I was happy to hear that you were well enough to visit once again; but, now.... Take good care of yourself. I'll sip a little wine in your honor. :wine:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby dano » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:05 am

Grant, Kay and anyone else who knows someone that wants to go but didn't make reservations. My wife had foot surgery and cant be on her foot. My trailer is not done. Were throwing in the towel. Were going to drive up and visit on Saturday but just until the foot cant take it anymore. I called Antlers and no refund because its under 30 days. So they said I can put someone else's name in. We payed deposit for Thursday-Sunday site 59. All I have to do is make the call, free camping for someone !
PM me if you like.
Dan
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Postby dano » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 pm

O.K. I had a free campsite, however got a P.M. and it is now taken. We will see everyone on Saturday
Dan and Mindy
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Next

Return to Jefferson State