Fall Finale 2016

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: Fall Finale 2016

Postby CaptKidd » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:22 am

So just wondering when every one is going to arrive. I thought I might go up Thursday afternoon as I want a site with electricity. Got any idea how soon they might be taken? I would really prefer to show up sometime Friday morning.
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cdfnchico » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:27 pm

We are headed up tomorrow afternoon. There should still be sites with electricity on Friday...they are not on the river side of the roadway, so are not scooped up. See you soon.

Cathy
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:30 pm

Thanks go out to our gathering hosts, Cathy and Leo, who did a wonderful job of coordinating this gathering.

Also, our campground hosts, Ron and Sharon had the campground in tip-top shape as well as making us feel welcome.

Here are a few pictures of the Fall Finale and the trip....:

Camping by this was music to our ears:

Fall color was just beginning to appear here and there:

This is the Summer swimming hole at the campground. In the summer, kids start here with inner-tubes and float 2 miles down the river to the Gansner Bar campground where somebody picks them up and brings them back to the North Fork Campground:

Looking upstream:

The Saturday night potluck was great!

While there are mostly adults in this picture, there were 24 adults, 3 kids, and 5 dogs in attendance:

We were entertained by musicians with 4 banjos and a flute:

The serenading:

A passing the hat chuckle:

- - - - - - - - - - -

Pictures of the drive home:

It’s not every day that one comes upon a bridge, water, a train trestle with a train on it; and reflected in the water, too. Using my trusty point-and-click camera, I barely caught it all. I just parked in time to run and take the picture! That little yellow spot to the very right is the end of the train.

Part of the Pacific Crest Trail is along Hwy 70:

An old Gold Stamp Mill along the way:

And simply a pretty picture...In some instances, the highway was on one side of the river and the towns were on the other, with narrow bridges connecting the two:

S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby cdfnchico » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:42 am

Wow! Sharon, great pics! We did have a great time. 12 trailers and 27 folks; great weather, beautiful scenery, amazing food and the BEST company! Check out the Jefferson State Facebook page for more pics. https://www.facebook.com/events/295842210758335/?ti=icl
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Jefferson State