Shasta Lake Gathering 2018 - Official!! Thread

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Shasta Lake Gathering 2018 - Official!! Thread

Postby cdfnchico » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Our annual West Coast camping kickoff, the Shasta Lake Gathering is coming up April 26-29th. Please book your reservation with Antler’s Resort directly at 530-238-2322 or http://www.antlersrvpark.com/ They are charging $12-15/night depending on whether or not you have hook-ups. Make sure you tell them you're with the teardrop gathering so they give you the special rate. Most of the group will be in the lower loop, so you may want to request to be there too. If there aren't any more spaces, come anyway. We'll fit you in and the resort charges by trailer, so you'll be fine.

There is a $25 “suggested donation” to help cover the costs of putting this event together as well as some awesome "swag"! That can either be paid at the event or sent via a Paypal Money Pool here https://paypal.me/pools/c/80TFgqaIO6 If you do paypal – please make sure you send a message letting us know who to connect the payment to.

Romi and myself are heading things up for the first time (Filling some biiiiiiig shoes!) so cut us some slack! All the important details will remain the same. Potlucks, Zentangle, etc. If there are any other activities you would like to see happen, please let us know and help coordinate them!

The itinerary so far is as follows (all events in center site unless otherwise noted):
Thursday 4/26/18 - Early Arrivals!
*4-6pm - Wine and Cheese Meet and Greet. Bring a bottle of your favorite vino ~$10 value & an appetizer to pair and share.

Friday 4/27/18 – General Arrival Day!
*5pm – Potluck and Welcome

Saturday 4/28/18 – Gawking Day!
Please be aware that everyone will want to peak in your trailer. If you’re not comfortable with this, please close your doors. If doors are closed, please be respectful.

*5pm – Potluck! Possible D.O. Cookoff in the works… Details to come…

Sunday 4/29/18 – Checkout day 
*12pm – Checkout time. If you plan to stay longer, please make arrangements with Antler’s.
Last edited by cdfnchico on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Re: Shasta Lake Gathering 2018 - Official!! Thread

Postby CaptKidd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 am

Really looking forward to this. I will be arriving on the 26th and will be in space 16 same as last year. Let me know if I can help in any way.
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rhino Ray » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm

We will be able to make it this year. Looking forward to seeing you all again! 8)
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 am

Rhino Ray - does this mean t-shirt will be available for purchase?? am in need for new ones and for me, as long as they are teardrop one's - I will buy "old stock" Teardrop ones if you have some as long as they are 2XL's. (5 or 6 new needed - present ones are getting old like me 8) ) :twisted:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Rhino Ray » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am

Not planning on doing shirts, let me think about it. :thinking:
The eleventh commandment: Ye that snoozeth loozeth. Selling real estate in ALL of Jefferson State (Northern California and Southern Oregon)

My Build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49746
Rhino Ray
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:02 am

hey, no problem - take care and will see you there........ Ted Hoefer, Camano Island, Wash. :thumbsup:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Vedette » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:17 am

The "On Our Way" Gathering has been booked into the Deschutes River Rec Are Campground on the the Columbia River in Northern Oregon for Apr. 20 & 21st.
From there a group of us will once again travel south to Shasta, Via Burney Ca.
We can't wait to see all of our Teardrop Camping friends, after what is turning into a long winter. :thumbsup:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PS
Canadian Margaritas at Site # 11 again this year! :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby irgod32 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:39 pm

My wife and I are looking forward to this gathering. We always enjoy all the friendly people and trailers. We were unable to go last year due to a wedding, but this year we are freeee!!! :lol:
I know some of you were interested in the Santa Cruz gathering last year so here is the link for this year. :)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=70049

See Y'all soon! :thumbsup:

Robert and Terry
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby cdfnchico » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:11 am

Six Weeks! This event will be here in no time. We will be updating and sharing the schedule soon. We will guarantee the first 35 preregistered campers will receive a knit cap and stainless steel tumbler with the SLG logo as well as a dash plaque. We will only have a few extras. To preregister go to PayPal and “chip in” to the SLG Money Pool here: https://paypal.me/pools/c/80TFgqaIO6. See y’all soon!!
Cathy

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby Brian Crum » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:32 am

After much thought and debate, Amie and I are not going to make it this year again. We have so much going on and have actually decide to get both trailer cleaned up to sell for others to enjoy. Having 2 boys makes it hard to go tear-dropping unless we drive 2 cars to take both trailers or put the boys in a tent (they prefer their own TD). We have enjoyed the group very much, and the fun of the gatherings, but life has changed and we feel that it is time to let others enjoy the TD's. My folks started this journey, and handed down the TD's to me when they were done. My dad started with the 2nd Dam Gathering (below the dam) and had only missed a couple along the way. Along with getting away from the gathering also means that our outstanding site A47 is open for the taking. We, the family, have held it for many many years, and like the trailers it is time for others to enjoy. I just called and canceled my reservation, and opened the spot up.

I want to thank everyone that I have met, had conversations with, shared stories of the builds or ideas, the people that really liked our little dog (more that us :D ), shared a beer or wine and stories about life. From the bottom of my heart, Thank you! It has been so much fun. Time for a new chapter in my married with children life.

Brian and Amie Crum via Chris and Karen Crum. :beer: :wine:
Brian and Amie Crum
Brian Crum
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GuitarPhotog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Official Notice!!!

I will not be bringing home brewed beer to the SLG this year, for the first year in 7 or 8. Sorry about that but health issues and circumstances conspired against me and now I've run out of time.

I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed, but it's just the way it is. I will bring some commercial beer, but not the 4-6 case equivalent I usually drag along.

Ted, this means you are relieved of ice duty. Thanks for many years of providing us ice to keep the beer cold.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:05 pm

and to think, I had just got a new "Yeti copy" ice chest - oh well, it is rated for a 400 lb sit load so I will have a place to sit.......... :thumbsup:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby cdfnchico » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:47 am

Brian Crum wrote:After much thought and debate, Amie and I are not going to make it this year again.

We will miss you! and wish you the the best in your future adventures! Happy Trails!

GuitarPhotog wrote:Official Notice!!!

I will not be bringing home brewed beer to the SLG this year, for the first year in 7 or 8. Sorry about that but health issues and circumstances conspired against me and now I've run out of time.

<Chas>

Oh man! Charles I'm glad you're coing, with or without homebrew! (tho it will definitely be missed!!) We are still going to have our Early Bird Meet and Greet Thursday Night...see you there!
Cathy

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed, but it's just the way it is. I will bring some commercial beer, but not the 4-6 case equivalent I usually drag along.

Ted, this means you are relieved of ice duty. Thanks for many years of providing us ice to keep the beer cold.

<Chas>

Looks like we will have to cancel our plans to attend also :thinking:
I just can't justify the long trip from Canada if Charlie will not have my favourite Dam Red Ale on tap. :roll:
It just would not have been the same???
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby GuitarPhotog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Vedette wrote:

<Chas>

Looks like we will have to cancel our plans to attend also :thinking:
I just can't justify the long trip from Canada if Charlie will not have my favourite Dam Red Ale on tap. :roll:
It just would not have been the same???
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi

Well we won't have to take the beer faucet away from you this year ;-)

See you in a little more than 3 weeks.

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to Jefferson State