Anyone have/use a scooter?

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Anyone have/use a scooter?

Postby Yakcraz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:00 pm

We’ve converted from bikes to scooters simply because they take up less room & are easier to deal with. We have 2 Hover X1 electric scooters & 2 Razor A5 DLX kick scooters with upgraded bearings. Depending on where we’re staying & for how long, we decide on bringing the electric or the self powered. Anyway, anyone else pack a scooter with you?
Yakcraz
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Anyone have/use a scooter?

Postby Alvin » Fri May 01, 2020 1:28 pm

Hey I have a couple of scooters from Carolina Scooters one 48v 1800w it gets a range of about 20 miles depending on how fast you ride and a 36v 500w kick scooter. Both fold up and are carried in the trunk if a car. This company maintains all parts and a good service rep. However, that said my main transport are 2 home made electric bikes 26in with bbshd Banfang motor knits and shark pack 14.5ah batteries 40 mile range easily. Stayed a month in Quartzite Az. and a month in Puerto Pinasco Mexico and could go anywhere with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Alvin
Teardrop Inspector

Postby coyote » Tue May 05, 2020 10:04 am

Got a 250 Razer off Craigslist, for her "emergency" runs at parks, replaced bad battery, works perfect. Its handles adult, immediate start (not push startup), has optional add on seat. After 5 yr. dating, 47 yrs. married I learned, she NEVER had a bicycle! :shock: She cant't/won't/afraid of it (trying to encourage). But,if the place we're camped is right.....I have a blast running, shower/trash run, campfire visiting! ( No, I don't leave her out we walk together lots and drive truck for her fast trips!) Coyote
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Kathy53 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:53 pm

It's not a scooter, but maybe she would like an electric tricycle. The liberty trike goes up to 12mph, the battery will last up to 24 miles. Depending on weight, weather, terrain and how much you use the assist. You have 5 levels of assist or you can pedal it manually. It also folds in half or you can separate it into two separate pieces. I have one and love it. It's great for running short errands and use at a campground. If you Google Liberty Trike it comes right up. They have great customer service.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:04 pm

https://www.libertytrike.com/
I think that is neat.
BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby Chief-John » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:06 pm

My fave is a People S-200 step thru scooter. Hauled inside my camper which has a ramp back door. The fold up bed rides inside my Scion...
BTW, 'Mopeds' have pedals, like a bicycle, and were popular in the '60's... Usually 50cc and needed the pedals to get up hills or fight headwinds.
Chief-John
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mountainminded » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:01 pm

This is my daily driver, an electric kickbike (aka “adult scooter”). I use it to travel the 1.5 paved miles from home to shop and have logged about 1500 urban miles on it so far. I built it from a cheap Schwinn kickbike purchased on Amazon and an expensive ebike front hub kit from Bafang. It was a fun project and is a hoot to ride!

Cheers,
-Rob

Rob Walker, Trailers4Two Bend Oregon
mountainminded
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JasenC » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:17 pm

mountainminded wrote:This is my daily driver, an electric kickbike (aka “adult scooter”). I use it to travel the 1.5 paved miles from home to shop and have logged about 1500 urban miles on it so far. I built it from a cheap Schwinn kickbike purchased on Amazon and an expensive ebike front hub kit from Bafang. It was a fun project and is a hoot to ride!

I'm thinking of converting a couple of those Schwinn's like that for Mrs Boss and me. I have a rough idea of how to make a fold done seat for hers as she has a leg that gives her some trouble from time to time.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Postby mountainminded » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:24 pm

JasenC wrote:
I'm thinking of converting a couple of those Schwinn's like that for Mrs Boss and me. I have a rough idea of how to make a fold done seat for hers as she has a leg that gives her some trouble from time to time.

The rear dropout (where the rear wheel is attached) on this model has two threaded eyelets and an unusual slot that could be used as a solid point for attaching an optional seat.
Cheers,
-Rob

Rob Walker, Trailers4Two Bend Oregon
mountainminded
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JasenC » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:30 am

mountainminded wrote:
JasenC wrote:

The rear dropout (where the rear wheel is attached) on this model has two threaded eyelets and an unusual slot that could be used as a solid point for attaching an optional seat.

That is what I was thinking, with another set of bars coming up from the brake area on a sliding sleeve attached to the rear bars. You would just push the seat back out of the way or pull it forward, something like this.

Then replace the handle bar nut with a cam lock leaver so I can swing the bars down to a more appropriate position w/o any tools.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Return to Bicycles