New Years ride

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

New Years ride

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:18 am

Last night 5 of us brought in the New Year on our bikes. We left about 11:45.. and hmm I did not notice what time we got back... but we were on the road when Midnight rolled through. We did some road riding and a couple of us hit the snowy trails.

We were lucky to have quite reasonable temps [compared to what it could be] it was about 30 degrees out, with no wind [other than what we generated] It was a great way to bring in the new year.. and we have gotten our first ride in for the year.. :lol:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:29 am

We also went out for another ride New Years Day afternoon. 3 tandems.. It was only about 16 miles.. but our "hosts" have not done much in the past few months...
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby JuneBug » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Sounds like a fabulous way to bring in the new year. Y'all are hearty! :snowstorm:

Absolute slacker here! A local bike shop sponsored a Resolution ride yesterday morning, but it was hovering right around 32 degrees, so much easier to putter at home. Pathetic, I know, but we are thin-blooded Texans.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:59 pm

JuneBug wrote:Sounds like a fabulous way to bring in the new year. Y'all are hearty! :snowstorm:

Absolute slacker here! A local bike shop sponsored a Resolution ride yesterday morning, but it was hovering right around 32 degrees, so much easier to putter at home. Pathetic, I know, but we are thin-blooded Texans.

You get used to the cold.... and if you are going to be active outdoors here you have to. Although each season, at least to some extent you have to go through it the process again.. Back in Sept. the same temps we were comfortable in on New Years.. felt quite cold.

We also did another ride on New Years day, with 2 other couples. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby SteveF » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:56 am

I got out on New Year's eve (day) and new year's day, too--it was unseasonably warm so wet roads were the rule. Got flats both days from the snowmelt debris! I hope that's not a trend for the new year....

I started out 1/1/11 in the morning on my own, but flatted about a mile from home. While I was fixing it, a group of riders (many that I knew) came along--they were on their way to the annual LMB (League of Michigan Bicyclists) Annual Polar Bear ride, and they stopped and waited for me to finish so I could join them! It was great fun to have company on my first ride of the year. Ended up with about 21 miles for the day.

More pics in my photostream if you're sufficiently bored. ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40738390@N08/
SteveF
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:20 am

SteveF wrote:I got out on New Year's eve (day) and new year's day, too--it was unseasonably warm so wet roads were the rule. Got flats both days from the snowmelt debris! I hope that's not a trend for the new year....

I started out 1/1/11 in the morning on my own, but flatted about a mile from home. While I was fixing it, a group of riders (many that I knew) came along--they were on their way to the annual LMB (League of Michigan Bicyclists) Annual Polar Bear ride, and they stopped and waited for me to finish so I could join them! It was great fun to have company on my first ride of the year. Ended up with about 21 miles for the day.

More pics in my photostream if you're sufficiently bored. ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40738390@N08/

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Return to Bicycles