Got a divorce machine, drama right away ... j/k its all ok.

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Re: Got a divorce machine... sure enough, drama right away .

Postby Noob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Back in the saddle, july 4th doh dah parade ...

made some changes on the bike some cosmetic some ;ittle more involved.
Bend the knees, watch the trees, 5$ please.
Noob
The 300 Club

Postby Noob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:21 pm

... it went soooo well, we went out to breakfast with some coworkers . :thumbsup:

http://www.facebook.com/kasa.marty/photos#!/media/set/?set=a.3248162216570.114787.1642383567&type=3

:applause:
Noob
The 300 Club

Postby rowerwet » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:37 am

I got my wife a tandem for a wedding present, we used it quite often until the kids came along. since then we used it sometimes including pulling a bike trailer when we had just two kids.
Lately we haven't used it much at all, but have used our x2cycle to convert her bike and mine into a sort of tandem. The x2cycle is much easier to transport than a tandem, but a little trickier to use, and should only be used on pavement. We used it on gravel bike trails on our honeymoon trip and it worked ok, but her hybrid tires didn't do as well braking as my mountain bike. I also use the x2cycle to pull a kid when they can't keep up.
when riding with the kids I tend to pull one on a tag a long type bike, while she pulls the youngest in the trailer, we leave the stroller handle on the trailer up so I can push it while riding up hills.
someday after the kids are all riding on their own I plan on getting a much better quality mountain bike style tandem, it is the only way she can keep up with me, not because she is weak, she just more risk averse than me and won't go as fast if she can see the road. I like to duck down while zipping down hills just to get a shriek out of her...
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby eamarquardt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:54 am

Fenlason wrote:Noob................................................

good luck.. :worship: :thumbsup:

A wealth of knowledge and, it seems, sage advice.

I like it.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Noob » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 am

Update : Image

We "on" a local advocacy group " taco truck" ride ( ~*slow* 13-15mph )... and got dropped ( ! ) ... after a few hills, there was a tailwind section where going ~18mph was not going to happen ... so I added "gears".

*Only* took 4 hrs, and *only* had to take it all apart once, lol. I built a wheelset before, but it was like 3 yrs ago ...

Also made the FB album public.
Last edited by Noob on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noob
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:10 am

Nice :thumbsup: gears will make things a little more enjoyable. I was just looking at the photo's and was wondering how I had missed them before.. until I just read this part. 8) nice photos... looks fun.. especially the skate park. :twisted:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby BlackCatRacing » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 am

Noob, looks like her seat is to low. I was always taught the most comfortable and easiest way to ride a bike is when you have a very slight bend in your knee when the peddle is at the very bottom of rotation. This puts you up in the air but is much easier to peddle than having your knees bent during peddling.
My girlfriend and I rented one on Kellys island Ohio once. She got mad at me and stopped peddling. I had to peddle all the way back. The last time I have ever been on one.
Best of luck....
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt...
BlackCatRacing
Teardrop Builder

Postby Noob » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Noob
The 300 Club

Postby Kevin & Sandy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 am

She got mad at me and stopped peddling.

:lol:
This sounds familiar!!!! One time I was pedaling away on an inclined section of road and it seemed like pretty tough going. I glanced down at our shadow and her pedals were going round and round, but her feet were comfortably resting on the frame !!!!!
Kevin & Sandy
The 300 Club

Postby parivercat » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Looks like you are getting around on the tandem better now. My wife and I just got our first tandem
this past fall. Only rode it one day, but laughed for the first 30 minutes. Can't wait till spring so we can
ride it more. It took a while to get the hang of it though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
2006 13ft. Escape Travel Trailer
2006 8ft. Homebuilt Teardrop
BIYALL and Happy Camping
parivercat
Teardrop Master

Postby Noob » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:08 am

Sounds like you guys will have a good time ... I been told, be aware it magnafies/exexaggerates whatever mood/state the relationship is in... applys to good AND bad.

I baught one of those 60$ kickstands/centerstands, the one with two "legs" but they fold-up to the non-drive side ... I belive, its the best kick stand evAr !

Found a random google pic :

Noob
The 300 Club

Postby Noob » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 am

I was asked to check over my parents bikes, so they are ready for the summer ...
I might have gone a little "over board"... My mom has had issues with her 24 " dept store mtb ( go figure ) ... she never shifts, and her brakes are crap. Sooo ... I laced up the ( original ) hub from the tandem to her wheel. ( slight spacing issue, but its not like she changes ther own tires. )

... also changed the mtb riser bar with, a riser bar with more of a townie sweep. :D
Noob
The 300 Club

Re: Got a divorce machine, drama right away ... j/k its all

Postby Catherine+twins » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 pm

I have a tandem, but my kids can't divorce me, so I'm safe. :D

Ours is a Trek T1000, high in the front, low in the back, so it worked when the kids were small, I had crank shorteners on the back so their little legs didn't have to stretch as far, and I hung a half-bike off the back, giving us three seats and three wheels all in a row. We called it the Trek Train. As soon as she could, dear daughter wanted her own bike, but at 11 dear son is still more interested in watching the scenery than steering his own path, so he and I still ride the tandem and DD orbits us.

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Bicycles