What would Glenn do?

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Re: What would Glenn do?

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:37 am

The Teardrop Nanny wrote::thumbsup: oooo...I'm going to have to come over for a ride on the tandem some day with Dean in tow. You two have a lot of nice property around your neck of the woods. TDN

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:31 pm

I did it.. I tried the What Would Glenn Do… :wakka wakka: :lol:

I have been up since a little after 3:00 am.. and I was exhausted, and headachy.. and really not feeling like a ride. I was going to skip it… but I couldn't. [I had intentionally taken yesterday off after a hard day on Tuesday] I talked myself to going at least for an easy 10 mile spin.. and once out there ended up going on for more. :D :twisted:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:04 am

:) WWGD--you're hooked on the exercise high. See, it was worth the 3 a.m. rising.
TDN
TK :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Fenlason » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:08 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote::) WWGD--you're hooked on the exercise high. See, it was worth the 3 a.m. rising.
TDN
TK :R

I was not up at 3:00 am to ride.. I was going through a bad bout of insomnia. We did not ride until 13 hours later. After several days of not sleeping, by that time of day I was exhausted, I had a headache.. and it was very very windy. I was going to bail on my planned ride, but having taken the previous day off, [I do take periodic days off] I did not want to make it a second day off. 2 leads to 3 and so on. I was able to drum up the willpower to head out, and I ended up with a good and pleasurable ride.

Will power is like a muscle and it can be strengthened and weakened. If I make an excuse for one ride… then it is easy to make an excuse for another…. and then perhaps another.. and another. :shrug:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Previous

Return to Bicycles