New Years ride

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

New Years ride

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:09 am

We did our New Years ride last night. We like to head out in one year.. and not come back until the next. We have done it a few years now, although we missed last year. My knees were pretty bad, and I was a little depressed about that.. so we didn't head out. We later both mentioned we missed doing it.

It is not a huge ride.. but also not just a 5 minute thing, We do a real ride. We had temps at about 9 degrees.. and windier than I had thought [and hoped] We had a gorgeous moon to start with, but the wind did bring in some cloud cover. We ended up using out Moonlanders. It was not a fast ride by any means… but we were out for an hour and had an awesome time. :D

Happy New Year everyone. :P
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Re: New Years ride

Postby Mike S » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:26 am

Fenlason wrote:We did our New Years ride last night. We like to head out in one year.. and not come back until the next. We have done it a few years now, although we missed last year. My knees were pretty bad, and I was a little depressed about that.. so we didn't head out. We later both mentioned we missed doing it.

It is not a huge ride.. but also not just a 5 minute thing, We do a real ride. We had temps at about 9 degrees.. and windier than I had thought [and hoped] We had a gorgeous moon to start with, but the wind did bring in some cloud cover. We ended up using out Moonlanders. It was not a fast ride by any means… but we were out for an hour and had an awesome time. :D

Sounds fun. We do a winter solstice celebration ride every year. My wife and I briefly considered riding our bikes to a new years party last night, but icy streets and 10 degree temps deterred us. Happy new year anyway.
2013 7 x 16 Charmac Stealth CT , deep in conversion process :)
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=66412
2011 Toyota Tundra, 4x4, Double Cab, 5.7L
Mike S
Teardrop Master

Re: New Years ride

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Mike S wrote:
Fenlason wrote:We did our New Years ride last night. We like to head out in one year.. and not come back until the next. We have done it a few years now, although we missed last year. My knees were pretty bad, and I was a little depressed about that.. so we didn't head out. We later both mentioned we missed doing it.

Sounds fun. We do a winter solstice celebration ride every year. My wife and I briefly considered riding our bikes to a new years party last night, but icy streets and 10 degree temps deterred us. Happy new year anyway.

:thumbsup: Happy New Year.

We would generally have had icy roads.. but we had record warm and rain for Christmas… so the roads are relatively clear. Although we do have a couple of studded tired bikes as options. We are fairly rural.. so not a lot of traffic… and last night the few cars we met gave us a WIDE berth. :roll: 8)
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Return to Bicycles